This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: CIDM|
Russell Microcap Index component
|Chris McGurk, Chairman and CEO|
Jeff Edell, CFO
Bill Sondheim, President, Entertainment
|Products||Motion Pictures, Entertainment, Video on demand, Digital distribution, Film distribution|
Number of employees
Cinedigm Entertainment Group
Cinedigm Digital Cinema, Corp was founded in 2000 under the name Access IT Digital Media, Inc., through a group led by Bud Mayo, the founder of Clearview Cinemas. Mayo directed Cinedigm until his retirement in 2010, and subsequently founded Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. In September 2013, the company changed its name to Cinedigm Corp.
In January 2011, Chris McGurk joined as Chairman and CEO.
In July 2011, Cinedigm closed the sale for Technicolor to acquire certain assets of Cinedigm's physical and electronic distribution business, which also includes the global licensing of the Cinedigm digital distribution software platform.
In August 2011, Screenvision acquired UniqueScreen Media, Inc. (USM), the cinema advertising division of Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp. Additionally, the companies entered into a long-term agreement, with Cinedigm providing distribution and promotion for Screenvision.
Video on Demand
In May 2014, Cinedigm launched Docurama, an OTT documentary channel. Docurama's content features full-length and short-form documentaries, non-fiction TV programming, behind-the-scenes interviews, as well as curated film festival coverage.
In February 2015, Cinedigm and Wizard World launched CONtv, a fandom-focused digital streaming network. CONtv programming features original shows, a catalog composted primarily of cult television shows and genre movies, and live coverage of events, panels and programs from Wizard World Comic Cons. CONtv has licensed content from distributors including Starz Digital Media, RLJ Entertainment, DHX Media, The Jim Henson Company, Full Moon Films, Sentai Filmworks, Well Go USA, and Zodiak Media.
In September 2015, Cinedigm partnered with The Dove Foundation to launch The Dove Channel, an online streaming service of "uniquely curated programming" geared towards kids and faith-based viewers.
- "Cinedigm Stock Soars". indiewire.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Cinedigm Set to Become Top Theatrical Home Video Distributor". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Bud Mayo". Opportunist Magazine. Archived from the original on 2014-04-05. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Cinedigm Digital Cinema Names Chris McGurk Chairman and CEO". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Technicolor Acquiring Cinedigm's Digital Cinema Delivery Assets". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Cinedigm sells cinema ad unit to Screenvision". BusinessWeek. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Lieberman, David. "Cinedigm Agrees To Buy New Video Group". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Cinedigm Stock Soars After It Acquires Gaiam Vivendi | Filmmakers, Film Industry, Film Festivals, Awards & Movie Reviews". Indiewire. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Docurama Releases iPad and iPhone App". Market Watch. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- "Flush with New Cash Historically Film Focused Cinedigm Cut to Streaming Future". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- "Cinedigm Launches Theater Series". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- "Cinedigm Launches Docurama". The Video Ink. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "Docurama Streams Free On-Demand Documentaries". CNET. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "Cinedigm's Documentary Arm Announces Brand Expansion and Streaming App". Deadline. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "Documentary Channel Aims at Underserved Audience". New York Times. Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "Catching Up with Susan Margolin on Docurama". Retrieved 2015-05-16.
- "CONtv Announces Film and Television Programming". Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- "Cinedigm Signs 12 Picture Deal". Archived from the original on 2015-02-08. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- Todd, Spangler. "Cinedigm Launches Dove Channel SVOD Service That Strips Out Sex, Drugs and Violence". Variety. Variety Media. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Ressler, Karen. "Cinedigm Finalizes Viewster, Viewster Anime Acquisition". Anime News Network. Retrieved 5 March 2019.