|The Church of Our Lady Help of Christians|
|Location||Tottenville, Staten Island, New York|
|Country||United States of America|
The Church of Our Lady Help of Christians is a parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located in Tottenville, Staten Island, New York City. The church was established in 1890 as a mission of St. Joseph's Church (Rossville) and became an independent parish in 1898. Its first church building was constructed later that year. It burned down in 1985 and was rebuilt in 1990.
The church formerly had a parish school, established in 1904, until it closed in 2019. There were 166 students in 2019. During the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, it was scheduled to reopen as Staten Island Preparatory School, a private school operated by AHRC New York City for students with special needs.
- "History". Our Lady Help of Christians. Retrieved April 9, 2019.
- Lore, Diane C. (March 3, 2016). "Vintage photos, facts about Staten Island churches". Staten Island Advance. Retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Hennessy, Kate (2017). Dorothy Day: The World Will Be Saved by Beauty. Simon and Schuster. p. 50. ISBN 978-1501133961.
- Knudson, Annalise (February 5, 2019). "Our Lady Help of Christians: School closure 'devastating' to families". Staten Island Advance. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Knudson, Annalise (June 9, 2020). "Shuttered Staten Island Catholic school will be reborn to serve special-needs students". Staten Island Advance. Retrieved October 5, 2020.