|No. 37, 31|
|Born:||February 8, 1946|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Waxahachie High School|
|College:||North Texas State|
|NFL Draft:||1969 / Round: 7 / Pick: 160|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 1972|
|Player stats at PFR|
Beatty was born in Midlothian, but grew up mainly in nearby Waxahachie, Texas. After graduating from Turner High School, Beatty went on to attend the North Texas State University (now University of North Texas). At North Texas State and later in the NFL with the Steelers, he was a teammate of star defensive tackle Joe Greene, and he served as best man at Greene's wedding.
Beatty was selected in the seventh round of the 1969 NFL Draft. He was the second North Texas State player to be selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in that draft ��� the first being the team's first-round selection Joe Greene.
Beatty served as an executive of the Boy Scouts of America for 30 years. In 1995, he was elected to the city council of Waxahachie. He was appointed by the council in 1997 to serve as mayor, a position he held for the next five years. As of 2010, he continues to serve as a city councilman. He served on the board of regents of his alma mater, the University of North Texas from 2002 through 2006.
Beatty is a widower (Rosalind) and has two children, Lauren Odette Beatty and Charles Brandon Beatty. He was inducted into the Texas Black Sports Hall of Fame in 2002 and to the University of North Texas Sports Hall of Fame in 2003.
- Pomerantz, Gary M. (2014). Their Life's Work: The Brotherhood of the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers (illustrated, reprint ed.). Simon and Schuster. pp. 68–69. ISBN 1451691637.
- "Charles Beatty bio". North Central Texas Housing Finance Corporation. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Waxahachie City Council". City of Waxahachie. Archived from the original on 1 March 2010. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- Ramsey, Ross (4 March 2002). "A Sea Change in the Senate?". Texas Weekly. 18 (34).
- "Gov. Perry appoints Al Silva of San Antonio and Charles D. Mitchell, M.D., of Dallas to UNT Board of Regents". University of North Texas. March 23, 2006. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Waxahachie City Council minutes" (PDF). July 2, 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2010.