Woodforde was born on 29 November 1907 and educated at King's School, Bruton  and Peterhouse, Cambridge. Ordained in 1932  he began his ecclesiastical career with curacies at King's Lynn, Louth and Hellesdon. After this he held incumbencies at Exford, Axbridge and Steeple Morden. From 1948 to 1959 he was Fellow and Chaplain at New College, Oxford. In 1959 he was appointed Dean of Wells, a post he held until his death on 12 August 1962.
'A Pad in the Straw' pub London by JM Dent & Sons Ltd 1952 illustrated Yunge-Bateman
- The “James gang”
- Deans of Wells Cathedral
- "Woodforde family". Archived from the original on 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1940-41 Oxford, OUP,1941
- New Dean Of Wells The Times Thursday, Feb 12, 1959; pg. 12; Issue 54383; col D
- Obituary Dr.Christopher Woodforde The Times Tuesday, Aug 21, 1962; pg. 12; Issue 55475; col B
|Church of England titles|
Frederick Percy Harton
| Dean of Wells
Irven David Edwards