Christine Meltzer (2013)
|Occupation||Television host, Comedian|
|Known for||Hey Baberiba|
Marie Christine Meltzer Lind (born 4 December 1974 in Viksjö) is a Swedish television hostess, actress and comedian. She rose to fame as an impersonator on the TV4 comedy show Hey Baberiba. She has also hosted the Swedish version of Popstars and hosted the 2010 Melodifestivalen with Måns Zelmerlöw and Dolph Lundgren. Since 2010, she has taken over as main host of Dansbandskampen, she has been named "Sweden's funniest woman".
Meltzer's television career began in 1997 when she hosted Lattjo Lajban with David Hellenius. In 2001 Meltzer hosted the dating show När och fjärran and the following year she presented the Swedish version of Popstars for Kanal 5. In 2004 Dagens Nyheter called Meltzer "something rare in Swedish scenes: a young girl that both can and dare let stylish clip blanket and be asrolig".
In 2005 Meltzer's big break came when she was one of three comedians to star in the comedy show Hey Baberiba. She did impressions for many well known celebrities including Carola Häggkvist, Lena Philipsson, Pernilla Wahlgren, Queen Silvia and Tina Nordström. In 2007 she took part in the first series of Tack gode gud (Swedish version of the Australian Thank God You're Here).
In 2010 Meltzer, together with Måns Zelmerlöw and Dolph Lundgren hosted the 2010 edition of the Melodifestivalen., the winner of the festival was Anna Bergendahl with the song This Is My Life, in addition Meltzer provided the SVT television commentary at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest along with Edward af Sillén. In 2011 she hosted the 2011 edition of Inför Eurovision Song Contest.
Meltzer is married to Niclas Lind, the couple have two children.
- "Christine leder nya Popstars". Aftonbladet. Linda Hjertén. 2002-06-19. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- "Humordrottningen får Silvia att flörta". Dagens nyheter (in Swedish). Betty Skawonius. 2006-03-24. Archived from the original on June 12, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-27.[Machine translation from Swedish source is incomprehensible clarification needed]
- "Hon är tjejen som får oss att skratta". Expressen. Bella Levy. 2005-03-25. Archived from the original on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- "Det blir en programledartrio 2010!" (in Swedish). Sveriges Television. 2009-11-10. Archived from the original on November 11, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Röberg, Leif (2009-11-10). "Melodifestivalen hosts announced". ESCToday. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "Meltzer och af Sillén kommenterar" (in Swedish). SVT. 2010-04-09. Archived from the original on April 15, 2010. Retrieved 9 April 2010.