Bassogog at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
|Full name||Christian Mougang Bassogog|
|Date of birth||18 October 1995|
|Place of birth||Douala, Cameroon|
|Playing position||Winger, forward|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:01, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
On 29 April 2015, Bassogog joined the United Soccer League club Wilmington Hammerheads, in the United States. Christian played 16 games and made two assists for the American club before he moved to the Danish club AaB. On 28 August, he signed a four-year contract with his new club.
On 11 February 2016, in the Danish Superliga winter break, Bassogog was chosen to play the forward-position in a friendly match against Sioni Bolnisi from Georgia. He scored two goals in the match, and former head coach Lars Søndergaard talked afterwards about, that Bassogog in the future could be used on the forward-position instead of the wing.
On 29 February 2016, he got his debut in the Danish Superliga against FC Midtjylland. He came on the pitch with 10 minutes left.
Following a string of impressive performances for Cameroon at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, AaB sporting director Allan Gaarde commented that Bassogog was the subject of multiple queries regarding potential moves away from AaB in the 2017 January transfer window.
On 19 February 2017, AaB officially announced the departure of Bassogog for a reported fee of 45 million Danish kroner (approx. £5 million) to join the Chinese side Henan Jianye FC. This was a recording-breaking transfer fee for AaB, surpassing that of Jesper Grønkjær when he signed for the Dutch club Ajax Amsterdam for £3.5 million in October 1997.
Christian Bassogog had a stellar Africa Cup of Nations 2017, scoring once en route to their victory, and was named as the Best Player at AFCON 2017.
- As of matches played on 12 July 2019
|Cameroon national team|
- Scores and results list Cameroon's goal tally first.
|1.||2 February 2017||Stade de Franceville, Franceville, Gabon||Ghana||2–0||2–0||2017 Africa Cup of Nations|
|2.||25 March 2018||Jaber Al-Ahmad International Stadium, Kuwait City, Kuwait||Kuwait||2–0||3–1||Friendly|
|4.||23 March 2019||Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaoundé, Cameroon||Comoros||2–0||3–0||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- "Nyheder – seneste nyt fra Nordjylland | Nordjyske.dk". nordjyske.dk (in Danish). Archived from the original on 4 February 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 3 September 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "AaB-profil er brandvarm: 'Der er mange klubber der gerne vil købe ham'". www.bt.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Officielt: AaB sælger Bassogog for rekordtransfer". Tipsbladet.dk (in Danish). Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- Christian Bassogog at National-Football-Teams.com
- "Bassogog, Christian". National Football Teams. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Christian Bassogog named AFCON 2017 Most Valuable Player - Daily Post Nigeria". Daily Post Nigeria. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Bassogog named Player Total Man of 2017 Africa Cup of Nations | Goal.com". Retrieved 6 April 2018.