|Full name||Christopher Howarth|
|Date of birth||23 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Bolton, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2006||→ Stockport County (loan)||0||(0)|
|2006||→ Oldham Athletic (loan)||3||(0)|
|2007||→ Carlisle United (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:50, 7 May 2007 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:40, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
After gaining the distinction of England schoolboy honours in 2001, this tall and agile player was signed up by his local club Bolton under the Academy scholarship scheme where he would spend three years under the supervision of the youth coaching team.
Fun Fact. He is a good friend of former Cyprus league footballer Scott Bingham - famous for scoring many goals in a short period (against the bottom 3 sides) during his stint in the Pafos B league.
In January 2006, Howarth joined Stockport County on a month-long loan, but returned to Bolton without any first team experience. Howarth was linked with a season-long loan move to St Johnstone in July 2006, but after a trial the Saints dropped their interest in Howarth. In the beginning of the 2006/2007 season Howarth joined Oldham Athletic on a month-long loan, making his debut in a game against Swansea City, saving a penalty taken by Swansea icon Lee Trundle. He has since returned to The Reebok. On 22 March 2007 Horwarth joined Carlisle United on loan until the end of the 2006–07 season after Tony Williams' loan move to Wrexham.
Two days before the 2009/10 season he signed for Droylsden, He was number two behind Craig Mawson but became the club's main Keeper when Mawson was released. He then signed for Welsh club Rhyl in the summer of 2010, before moving to Garry Flitcroft's Chorley in March 2011. He joined Salford City in October 2011.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Bateman, Stephen (12 January 2006). "Hatters sign Trotters keeper". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- Scurr, Andrew (13 July 2006). "Saints look at Howarth". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- Scurr, Andrew (17 July 2006). "Saints end Howarth interest". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- Scurr, Andrew (4 August 2006). "Double deal for Latics". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- Browne, Gavin (14 August 2006). "Boss's relief". Oldham Advertiser. Archived from the original on 29 September 2006. Retrieved 22 March 2007.
- Scurr, Andrew (4 September 2006). "Sheridan ends duo loans". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- Scurr, Andrew (22 March 2007). "Bolton keeper joins Carlisle". Sky Sports. Retrieved 22 March 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Carlisle snap up Bolton's Howarth". BBC Sport. 9 May 2007. Retrieved 9 May 2007.