Houston during his tenure with the Lions in 2011.
|Born:||October 18, 1984|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Austin (TX) Johnson|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Christopher Don Houston (born October 18, 1984) is a former American football cornerback who played in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Arkansas, and was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Houston was also a member of the Detroit Lions and Carolina Panthers.
Houston attended Mendez Middle School and LBJ High School in Austin, Texas, where he played running back and cornerback. During his senior year he rushed for 426 yards and six touchdowns, before moving exclusively to cornerback. He was also a shooting guard on the school's basketball team.
Houston attended The University of Arkansas from 2003 to 2006. During his junior year in Fayetteville, he was a Pro Football Weekly All-American honorable mention and All-Southeastern Conference second team selection by the league's coaches and Associated Press. He finished his college career with 89 tackles, three interceptions, three forced fumbles and a touchdown for the Razorbacks.
2007 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 in
|4.32 s||1.50 s||2.52 s||4.12 s||6.94 s||36 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Houston was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. During his second season in 2008, against the Kansas City Chiefs, he had his first career interception and returned it for a touchdown. In three years with the Falcons he started 37 of 44 games, recording 166 tackles and three interceptions.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- "Chris Houston Pro-Football-Reference Profile". rbref.com.
- Sack leader Anderson, CB Houston to enter NFL draft
- Lions' trade for Chris Houston is official
- Rosenthal, Gregg (June 13, 2014). "Chris Houston released by Detroit Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Clarida, Matt (June 15, 2015). "Carolina Panthers sign veteran CB Chris Houston". nfl.com. Archived from the original on September 11, 2016. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Dragon, Tyler (August 4, 2015). "Panthers CB Chris Houston decides to retire". nfl.com. Archived from the original on August 5, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Chris Houston Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Houston (American football).|