Clifford in 1988
May 26, 1966|
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st 2 lb)|
|Played for||Chicago Black Hawks|
111th overall, 1984|
Chicago Black Hawks
Chris Clifford (born May 26, 1966) is a Canadian retired professional ice hockey goaltender, who played two games in the National Hockey League with the Chicago Black Hawks. He filled in for Murray Bannerman in a 1985 game and for Ed Belfour in a 1989 game. He won the Bobby Smith Trophy in 1985-86. Clifford was drafted in the sixth round of the 1984 NHL Entry Draft.
Clifford was born in Kingston, Ontario. He spent his junior career with the Ontario Hockey League's Kingston Canadians and most of his professional career with various teams in the International Hockey League. Clifford became the first goaltender in Ontario Hockey League history to score a goal. In December 2019, Chris Clifford had his jersey number retired by the Kingston Frontenacs joining only 4 other players in the franchise's history.
After his hockey career, Chris attended law school at Queen's University and is now a partner at Bergeron Clifford LLP in Ontario, Canada. Chris has consistently ranked as one of the top injury lawyers in Canada. He is a recognized Top Lawyer in Canada. Since 2015, Chris has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in Canada for his work in personal injury litigation. Along with his business partner Edward Bergeron, Chris has also received recognition from the Law Society of Ontario as a Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation.
Chris also served as a trustee to the Law Foundation of Ontario until 2016.
- "Alumni Profile: Chris Clifford – Kingston Frontenacs". Retrieved 2019-03-18.
- "Kingston's Chris Clifford honored, humbled by hometown Frontenacs". Global News. Retrieved 2020-01-08.
- "Alumni Roster". Ottawa Senators. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- "Alumni". Chicago Blackhawks Alumni Association. Retrieved 2019-04-01.
- "Chris Clifford - Bergeron Clifford LLP". Bergeron Clifford LLP. Retrieved 2018-04-08.
- "Chris Clifford Kingston Personal Injury Lawyer". Top Lawyers ™ - Experienced Canadian Lawyers. 2015-11-24. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "Chris Clifford - Kingston, Canada - Lawyer | Best Lawyers". www.bestlawyers.com. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Directory of Certified Specialists - Law Society of Ontario". www1.lso.ca. Retrieved 2019-03-18.
- "Paul Le Vay appointed to The Law Foundation of Ontario Board of Trustees". The Law Foundation of Ontario. Retrieved 2019-04-01.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Legends of Hockey, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|