|Residence||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Occupation||Veterinarian, television presenter, author|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
Chris Brown (born 11 September 1978) is an Australian veterinarian, television presenter and author. He is best known for the television series Bondi Vet, which began screening in 2009. He hosts The Open Road with Doctor Chris on CBS. In Australia, he appears on The Living Room, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! and Chris & Julia's Sunday Night Takeaway, and is a regular guest panellist on The Project
Early life and education
Brown was born and grew up in the suburbs of Merewether Heights, Newcastle, New South Wales, where his father was a local vet. He attended Merewether Heights Public School and Merewether High School. He graduated from The University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Veterinary Science in 2001.
Brown was discovered after a media manager heard him telling stories in a Sydney bar in 2003.
Brown's first television presenting role as a vet was on Harry's Practice in 2003, for which he was nominated for a "Most Popular New Talent" Logie Award. He became a presenter on Channel Nine’s Burke's Backyard in 2004 and made regular appearances on Today. His first book, The Family Guide to Pets, was released in 2005 and sold over 25,000 copies. In 2008, he also began writing a column called "Pet Page" in Woman���s Day magazine and was interviewed on radio stations Triple M and Vega FM.
In 2008, he began Bondi Vet on Network Ten, a factual television program that chronicles his life and work at a veterinary clinic at Bondi Junction. Since 28 September 2013 the show is seen on Saturday mornings in the United States on the CBS network, under the title of Dr. Chris: Pet Vet."
On 1 February 2015, Brown began co-hosting the Australian version of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! with Julia Morris, also on Network Ten. He and Morris have co-presented all series to date, from 2015 to 2019.
In March 2017, Brown announced he was stepping down as host of Bondi Vet due to an extensive schedule.
Vet Gone Wild, a series that began airing on Animal Planet (US) in June 2018, features Brown helping animals in various situations outside of Sydney. He even ventures out to other countries in some episodes.
In 2018, it was announced that he would host a local version of Saturday Night Takeaway alongside Julia Morris. It's set to air on Network 10 in 2019, with the name Chris & Julia's Sunday Night Takeaway.
- Pet Propelled - Newcastle Herald - published 16 February 2012
- "Bondi Junction Veterinary Hospital staff". bondijunctionvet.com. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Host Bio: Dr. Chris Brown". cbsdreamteam.com. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Shearer, Geoff (31 March 2009). "Bondi Vet Chris Brown aids indigenous health". The Courier-Mail. Archived from the original on 11 April 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Heart-throb has animal attraction, Herald Sun, published 28 April 2012
- "Chris Brown Biography". ICMI Speakers and Entertainers. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Talent list: Dr Chris Brown". onyasoapbox.com. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- Idato, Michael (3 August 2013). "Dr Chris Brown heads to the US small screen". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Dr. Chris Pet Vet". CBS Dream Team. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "The Living Room". TenPlay - The Living Room. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Dr Chris Brown: 'Now I will just be a Bondi vet rather than the host of Bondi Vet'". news.com.au. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Vet Gone Wild page, Animal Planet.com. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Brown (veterinarian).|