|Fate||merged with CSR|
|Founded||26 June 2008|
|Defunct||1 June 2015|
|China, exported Worldwide|
|Cui Dianguo (Charmian)|
|China CNR Corporation Limited|
China CNR Corporation Limited (CNR) was a primary manufacturer of locomotives and rolling stock for the Chinese market. The company has also exported to over 80 countries and regions, including Australia, Turkey, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil and France.
In 2008 China CNR was incorporated as the subsidiary of CNR Group (China Northern Locomotive & Rolling Stock Industry (Group) Corporation). China ChengTong Holdings Group and China Huarong Asset Management were minority shareholders. In the same year CNR Dalian's CKD7C were exported to the Republic of Congo.
From the early 21st century onwards the group began a strategic diversification into wind turbine manufacture - its first major new facility was a 500 turbine per year capacity factory in Songyuan, (built 2009-11), established through CNR Wind Power Co.. The company expects to invest ~35billion Yuan in CNR Wind Power to establish a full scale wind power industry.
In 2013, the company began providing underground cars for Line A of the Buenos Aires Underground in Argentina, with the 150 cars to make up the entirety of the line. That same year, the company delivered 20 locomotives and 220 coaches to the country for Trenes Argentinos' long distance broad gauge rolling stock.
In October 2014, CNR made a major breakthrough into the North American market by winning a $567 million contract to supply 284 metro cars for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority's Orange (Type B car) and Red (Type A car) lines, with an option for 58 more. CNR plans to dedicate two manufacturing lines at a Chinese facility and build a 150,000 square-foot facility in Springfield, Massachusetts for final assembly of the vehicles.
At the end of 2014 CNR and rival CSR announced their intention to merge, with CSR acquiring CNR shares at a ratio of 1 CNR : 1.1 CSR; the resultant company (value ~$26billion) was to be named CRRC. The two companies formally merged on 1 June 2015.
Manufacturing and research subsidiaries
The corporation has numerous subsidiaries at various sites in China:
- Beijing Feb. 7th Railway Transportation Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Nankou Railway Transportation Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Changchun Railway Coach Co., Ltd.
- Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., Ltd.
- CNR Dalian Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.
- CNR Dalian Locomotive Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- CNR Datong Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd.
- Harbin Railway Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.
- CNR Jinan
- Lanzhou Jinniu Railway Transportation Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Qiqihar Railway Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao Sifang Rolling Stock Research Institute Co., Ltd.
- Tangshan Railway Vehicle Co., Ltd
- Tangshan Railway Transportation Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin LJ Railway Transport Equipment Ltd.
- Taiyuan Railway Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.
- Yongji Xinshisu Electric Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Xi’an Railway Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.
- "Company Profile". Official website of CNR. Archived from the original on 30 April 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Worldwide Export History". Official website of CNR. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
"China CNR Corporation Limited - About CNR - History". www.chinacnr.com.
中国北车股份有限公司 - 公司介绍 - 公司历史. www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese).
- George Gao (18 July 2008). "China North Locomotive to have IPO in year end". autonews.gasgoo.com.
- China CNR gets greenlight for its IPO , (Xinhua) , 22 August 2009 , www.chinadaily.com.cn
- Chinese train maker CNR's IPO gets off to slow start , Reuters , 29 December 2009 , via www.telegraph.co.uk
- 中国北车风电产业园在济南奠基开工, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 8 September 2009, archived from the original on 4 March 2016, retrieved 10 October 2012
- 中国北车松原风电产业园全面开工, www.chinacnr.com (in Chinese), 10 May 2011, archived from the original on 4 March 2016, retrieved 10 October 2012
- New metro cars in Buenos Aires - Railway Gazette, 28 August 2015.
- CNR ships passenger fleet to Argentina - Railway Gazette, 24 March 2013.
- First Belgrano Sur DMUs arrive - Railway Gazette, 8 July 2015
- "Coming to a Boston Subway Near You: Made-in-China Trains". Bloomberg Business. 23 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Chim, Sau-wai (24 October 2014). "CNR joint venture wins US$556.6 million Boston subway car contract". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "CNR and CSR agree merger terms", www.railwaygazette.com, 31 December 2014
- "Rival China trainmakers merge to boost high-speed rail push abroad", www.reuters.com, 30 December 2014
- Briginshaw, David (1 June 2015), "CNR and CSR finalise merger to become CRRC", www.railjournal.com
- "China CNR Corporation Limited - About CNR - Subsidiaries". www.chinacnr.com. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China CNR Corporation.|