This article contains translated text and the factual accuracy of the translation should be checked by someone fluent in French and English.
|Created by||Lionel Olenga|
|Written by||Lionel Olenga|
|Directed by||Vincent Giovanni|
Pierric Gantelmi d'Ille
|Composers||Christophe La Pinta (season 2 & 3)|
Raphaël Charpentier (season 1)
|Country of origin||France|
|No. of series||6|
|Executive producer||Bertrand Soupey|
|Production locations||Lyon, France|
|Running time||52 minutes|
|Original network||France 2|
|First shown in||France|
|Original release||October 25, 2013 –|
Cherif is a French police television series produced by Lionel Olenga, Laurent Scalese and Stéphane Drouet, broadcast since October 25, 2013 on France 2. In 2019, the series was canceled as the main actor (Abdelhafid - Kader) decided to quit.
Captain Kader Cherif is a genius policemen in the Lyon-France police station. With his strange ways he always cracks the mystery, and doesn’t leave work much, since he lives across the street from the station. But things change when his new partner - Adeline Briard shows up. She likes to work by the book and doesn’t like Cherif’s ways of doing it. Would things work out? The series falls into everyday things in the life of Kader and a mystery that he solves with his mastermind. They are always interesting and while Adeline is working with what she sees, and with what she can - Cherif thinks outside the box : and always finds a lead.
- Abdelhafid Metalsi as Kader Chérif (48 Episodes)
- Greg Germain as Jean-Paul Doucet (48 Episodes)
- François Bureloup as Joël Baudemont (47 Episodes)
- Vincent Primault as Philippe Dejax (47 Episodes)
- Carole Bianic as Adeline Briard (44 Episodes)
- Élodie Hesme as Deborah Atlan (40 Episodes)
- Mélèze Bouzid as Sarah Chérif (34 Episodes)
- Clémence Thioly as Stéphanie Giraud (18 Episodes)
- Frédéric Gorny as Pierre Clément (17 Episodes)
- James Gonin as Gabriel (13 Episodes)
- Tassadit Mandi as Salima Cherif (13 Episodes)
- Arnaud Binard as Pascal Garnier (10 Episodes)
- Sonia Rolland as Ludivine Delaunay (Season 1, Episode 3)
- Valérie Karsenti as Anne Delvos (Season 1, Episode 5)
- Philippe Duquesne as M. Médéros (Season 1, Episode 6)
- Nadège Beausson-Diagne as Nathalie Roussel (Season 2, Episode 2)
- Joseph Malerba as Colonel Decroix (Season 2, Episode 4)
- Arthur Jugnot as Cédric Leroy (Season 2, Episode 7)
- Elise Larnicol as Eliane Camara (Season 2, Episode 7)
- Patrick Descamps as Edouard Vasseur (Season 3, Episode 1)
- Delphine Chanéac as Elodie Mansard (Season 3, Episode 4)
- Jean Dell as Léonard Wermeer (Season 3, Episode 9)
- Guilaine Londez as Hélène Sinclair (Season 4, Episode 4)
- Antonio Fargas as Huggy Bear (Season 5, Episode 7)
In 2010, France 2 called for proposals for a new television series. Lionel Olenga, co-producer along with Laurent Scalese and Stephane Drouet, aimed to create a cop show that was more entertaining. Having worked for the customs for 13 years, he used to listen to TV series music during stakeouts. Cherif does so as well.
In early 2015, the channel renewed the series for a third season due to positive feedback from the second season. Adbdelhafid Metalsi (Kader Cherif) confirmed that on January 30, 2015 that the third season was in the process of being written.
Contrary to the series' usual production methods, it was shot twice, once from October 15 to December 7, 2012 (episodes 1 to 4) and then from February 11 to April 5, 2013 (episodes 5 to 8).
- Kevin Boucher (30 January 2015). "France 2 renouvelle "Accusé" et "Chérif" mais annule "Détectives"". PureMédias (in French).
- Benjamin Lopes (30 January 2015). "Abdelhafid Metalsi (Chérif) : " L'écriture de la saison 3 est déjà en marche "". toutelatele.com (in French).