This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kasinadhuni Viswanath|
|Produced by||Mannava Balayya|
|Written by||Gollapudi Maruthi Rao|
K. V. Chalam
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
Chelleli Kapuram is 1971 Indian Telugu-language film directed by Kasinadhuni Viswanath. This is the first movie produced by senior actor Mannava Balayya under the banner of Amrutha films. The film was remade as Anbu Thangai.
Shobhan Babu( ramu) is a struggling poet. Because of his dark complexion, publishers are unwilling to publish his poetry. Nagabushanam (sreeram) is his friend, and a small-time con-artist. He agrees to support Shobhan Babu. Shobhan Babu starts to publish his poems in Nagabushanam's name. He agrees to do this as he needs money to marry his sister.
Nagabhushanam sriram marries Shobhan Babu's sister. As time goes by, using the poetry written by Shobhan Babu, Nagabhushanam gets quite rich. With the wealth come bad habits, and other habits. Shobhan Babu keeps quiet to ensure his sister's married life smooth, and does not confront Nagabhushanam. Vanisri is a rich person who admires the poetry of Nagabhushanam and becomes a fan. Over the period she realizes Nagabhushanam is a fraud, and suspects the truth. She comes up with a ruse to expose Nagabhushanam and elicit the truth.
- "Bhale Bhale Maa Annayya" (Lyrics: Kosaraju Raghavaiah)
- "Charana Kinkinulu...Adave Mayuri" (Lyrics: C. Narayanareddy; Singer: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam)
- "Ee Daari Naa Swamy Nadichene... Rane Vacchadu" (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri)
- "Kanula Mundu Neevunte Kavita Pongi Paarada" (Lyrics: C. Narayanareddy; Singers: P. Susheela, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam)
- "Naa Chitti Naa Chinni"
- The film won the Nandi Award for Best Feature Film in 1971.
- Sobhan Babu won the Nandi Award for Best Actor
- "Remembering 'Chelleli Kapuram', the Telugu film that set the standard for 'sibling sentiment' themes". The Hindu. 14 February 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2021.