|Chasing the Saturdays|
|Created by||Peter Engel|
|Theme music composer||The Saturdays|
|Opening theme||"Somebody Else's Life"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Comcast Entertainment Studios|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||January 20 –|
March 25, 2013
On June 1, 2013, 4Music revealed an advert which announced that the show should premiere on their channel soon. Another advert then revealed the show would premiere on 13 June 2013 at 9pm.
The series chronicles the lives of the group who, after scoring a string of hits in their native United Kingdom, attempt to strike it big in the United States through their signing with Mercury Records, as they prepare to promote their first American album release. In addition, the series details the personal and private lives of each of the five members.
The series was ordered by E! president Suzanne Kolb, who said "The Saturdays are a pop phenomenon with magnetic appeal and tremendous talent, and we are excited to capture their next chapter as they win over the hearts and playlists of America," adding that "'Chasing The Saturdays' is a perfect addition to E!'s popular Sunday night reality block, which continues to deliver can't miss original programming to viewers year-round."
|Year||Series||Number of Episodes||Average US viewers|
|No.||Title||UK air date||US air date||US viewers||UK viewers|
|1||"UnitedSatsofAmerica"||February 3, 2013||January 20, 2013||914,000||72,000|
|The Saturdays arrive in the US.|
|2||"SatsCriesandVideotape"||February 10, 2013||January 21, 2013||600,000||62,000|
|Vanessa is the centre of attention when her arguing between her and her boyfriend affects the band while they produce a music video for the group's first US single.|
|3||"SatsontheBeach"||February 17, 2013||January 27, 2013||617,000||107,000|
|Vanessa and Frankie help Mollie move past a previous relationship by introducing her to a new guy, while Rochelle's money spending habits worry Una.|
|4||"DeepFriedSats"||February 24, 2013||February 10, 2013||371,000||N/A|
|The group hangs out with The Wanted at the L.A. County Fair. Frankie has a panic attack prior to a club performance.|
|5||"SatsandtheCity"||March 3, 2013||February 17, 2013||497,000||73,000|
|Una and Vanessa bond while out on the town and Rochelle finds out some shocking news.|
|6||"HomeSweetSats"||March 10, 2013||February 18, 2013||432,000||124,000|
|The group goes back to London but an unexpected injury might delay their return to the United States. Frankie sets up a date for Mollie.|
|7||"KeepCalmandSatsOn"||February 17, 2013||March 4, 2013||292,000||98,000|
|Una is unsure whether to stay in London with her injured husband or fly back to Los Angeles. Frankie gets a surprise offer from Glamour magazine.|
|8||"SatsandTats"||February 3, 2013||March 11, 2013||179,000||114,000|
|The group celebrates their first Halloween in America. Frankie and her sister get matching tattoos.|
|9||"SatsontheRox"||February 3, 2013||March 18, 2013||162,000||121,000|
|With their first headlining concert in America coming close, the group is unexpectedly hit with some nerve racking news and vocal issues.|
|10||"SatsForever"||February 3, 2013||March 25, 2013||101,000||135,000|
|The Saturdays get ready for their upcoming album release but Rochelle has to take an unplanned trip home.|
Upon its premiere in the United Kingdom, Chasing The Saturdays became that week's number-one most watched show on E! with 72,000 viewers, having 10,000 more viewers than Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami.
The show received mixed reviews from television critics. Entertainment Weekly said: 'The Saturdays sounded like a cross between the Spice Girls and approximately 487 random auditioners for American Idol. Their harmonies are fine; their stage wiggling was charmingly sloppy; the songs sounded not so much pre-fab as flabby.' The New York Daily News gave the show 3/5 stars: "What seems to come easy is the frilly part of the girl group thing. They clearly work hard on looking stylish, the way their audiences would dream about. They also lead gossip-friendly lives. We don't learn a whole lot more about them, but then, most fans aren’t looking for complex biography.
On May 14, 2013, it was reported that the show would not be returning for a second season. However, a representative for The Saturdays stated that the series was only commissioned for one season and although the series won't be returning, a Christmas special is a possibility.
- Corner, Lewis (January 22, 2013). "The Saturdays preview new track 'Somebody Else's Life' - listen". Digital Spy. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- Baysinger, Tim (October 29, 2012). "E! Greenlights Series Following British Pop Group The Saturdays". Multichannel News. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "E! orders reality series following The Saturdays". TBI Vision. October 30, 2012. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- "The British Invade American Pop Culture in New E! Series Featuring Music Sensation The Saturdays" from The Futon Critic (October 29, 2012)
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "Real Housewives of Atlanta" Continues Demo Reign". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Top 10 Programmes — E!". BARB. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: "Pawn Stars" Tops Viewers, "Teen Mom 2" Leads Demos". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "Real Housewives of Atlanta" Leads Viewers, Demos for Bravo". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "Walking Dead" Return Demolishes the Competition". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "Walking Dead" Holds Off NBA All-Star Game". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: "Pawn Stars," "WWE Raw" Nab Top Spots". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: USA's "WWE Raw" Claims Top Three Spots". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: "WWE Raw," "Pawn Stars" Claim Top Spots". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: Heat/Celtics on ESPN, "WWE Raw" on USA Top Charts". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: "WWE Raw" Lays Claim to Top Spots in Demos, Viewers". The Futon Critic. March 27, 2013.
- "'Charmingly sloppy... not so much pre-fab as flabby': The Saturdays get a mixed reception as new U.S. reality TV premieres". Daily Mail. January 21, 2013. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "'Chasing The Saturdays' Axed Stateside But Christmas Special Is In The Works, Says Report". The Huffington Post UK. May 15, 2013.
- Duncan, Amy (May 15, 2013). "Chasing The Saturdays show axed leaving girl band's US dreams in tatters". Metro. DMG Media.