He was born in 1828 into an ecclesiastical family and educated at Rugby and Christ Church, Oxford. Later he was a Tutor there then Rector of Bishopsbourne before his elevation to the Episcopate. A Sub-Prelate of the Order of St John of Jerusalem, he died on 8 December 1903. His grandfather Daniel Sandford (bishop of Edinburgh) and first cousin Daniel Sandford (Bishop of Tasmania) was also Anglican bishops.
- NPG details
- Bishops of Gibraltar Archived 2011-07-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "Rt. Rev. Charles Waldegrave Sandford". The Peerage. 27 January 2010.
- His father was the Ven John Sandford, Archdeacon of Coventry > "Who was Who" 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Times, Tuesday, 16 January 1849; p. 5; Issue 20074; col B University Intelligence. Oxford Jan. 15
- The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives[permanent dead link]
- Obituary The Bishop Of Gibraltar The Times Thursday, 10 December 1903; p. 8; Issue 37260; col C
|Church of England titles|
Charles Amyand Harris
| Bishop of Gibraltar in Europe
William Edward Collins
|This biographical article relating to Gibraltar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|