This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Compilation album by|
|David Bowie chronology|
|David Bowie Compilation chronology|
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Changestwobowie is a David Bowie compilation album issued in November 1981 by RCA Records. Its title and packaging followed the format of RCA's earlier Bowie compilation, Changesonebowie released in 1976. As well as selected post-1976 singles, the album collected five songs from earlier in Bowie's career that had not appeared on Changesonebowie, including "Wild Is the Wind" from Station to Station, which was released as a single to promote the album, along with a newly filmed video for the track. However, the album did not repeat the chart success of the earlier compilation, reaching No. 24 on the UK Album Chart and No. 68 in the United States.
The album was briefly available on CD from 1985 but was soon deleted, along with most of his other RCA albums, owing to a conflict between Bowie and the label. The album was not reissued when Rykodisc obtained the rights to re-release the Bowie catalog in 1990, opting to merge the two compilations into one instead.
All songs written by David Bowie except where noted.
- Side one
- "Aladdin Sane (1913-1938-197?)" (from Aladdin Sane, 1973) – 5:08
- "Oh! You Pretty Things" (from Hunky Dory, 1971) – 3:13
- "Starman" (from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, 1972) – 4:13
- "1984" (from Diamond Dogs, 1974) – 3:25
- "Ashes to Ashes" (Single edit) (from Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps), 1980) – 3:39
- Side two
- "Sound and Vision" (from Low, 1977) – 3:03
- "Fashion" (Single edit) (from Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)) – 3:24
- "Wild Is the Wind" (from Station to Station, 1976) – 5:59
- "John, I’m Only Dancing (Again)" (from the non-album single of the same name, 1979) – 6:59
- "DJ" (Single edit) (from Lodger, 1979) – 3:23
|1982||UK Albums Chart||27|
|1982||Billboard Pop Albums||68|
|BPI – UK||Gold||12 January 1982|
- Larkin, Colin (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th concise ed.). Omnibus Press.
- The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. 2004. pp. 97–98.
- Pegg, Nicholas. The Complete David Bowie, p 501. Titan Books (2016)
- Pegg, Nicholas. The Complete David Bowie, pp. 314-315, 501. Titan Books (2016)
- *Roberts, David (editor). The Guinness Book of British Hit Albums, p71. Guinness Publishing Ltd. 7th edition (1996). ISBN 0-85112-619-7
- "CHANGESTWO black or blue?". David Bowie Official Website. Retrieved 14 April 2018.