Chamber of Deputies
|Preceded by||Legislature of Burma|
|Succeeded by||People's Assembly (1974-1988)|
|Government Secretariat, Rangoon|
The Chamber of Deputies (Burmese: ပြည်သူ့လွှတ်တော်) was the lower house of the bicameral Union Parliament of Burma (Myanmar) from 1948 to 1962. Under the 1947 Constitution, bills initiated and passed by the lower house, the Chamber of Deputies, were to be sent to the Chamber of Nationalities for review and revision.
The Chamber of Deputies had a number of seats constitutionally allocated at twice the number of the Chamber of Nationalities.
Speakers of the Chamber of Deputies
|Name||Took office||Left office||Notes|
|U Mya||4 January 1948||23 February 1954|||
|Bo Hmu Aung||23 February 1954||1958 - ?|||
|Mahn Ba Saing||? - 1959||1961 - ?|||
- "British documents on foreign affairs--reports ... v.9. - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library". hdl:2027/uc1.c073369369.
- Taylor, Robert H. (January 4, 2008). Dr Maung Maung: Gentleman, Scholar, Patriot. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. ISBN 9789812304094 – via Google Books.
- British Documents on Foreign Affairs--reports and Papers from the Foreign Office Confidential Print: Burma, South-East Asia and the Far East, Indonesia, Nepal and The Philippines, January 1950-December 1950. January 4, 2000. ISBN 9781556557682 – via Google Books.
- "Daily report, Foreign radio broadcasts. 1958 no.101-105". HathiTrust. hdl:2027/mdp.39015082389258.
- "Political Handbook and Atlas of the World". Harper & Row [etc.] for Council on Foreign Relations. January 4, 1961 – via Google Books.