|Cat Girl Kiki|
|Directed by||Akiyoshi Sugiura|
Cat Girl Kiki (猫耳少女キキ, Nekomimi Shōjo Kiki) is a Japanese fantasy comedy drama film directed by Akiyoshi Sugiura and released in 2006 by VAP. It is part of the Akihabara Trilogy of films revolving around the Akihabara cosplay and otaku subcultures. It was distributed in the United States by Asia Pulp Cinema.
Yoshirou Takagi, a recluse young adult (hikikomori), adopts a stray cat, Kiki, which magically turns into a catgirl, i.e. a human girl with feline characteristics, who attempts to help him deal with his solitude.
Catgirls are common themes in otaku media. As Yoshirou teaches Kiki how to behave more like a human, he also makes her wear a maid cosplay and a Japanese school uniform, which are other references to the Akihabara cosplay culture.
- Yui Kano as Kiki
- Teruaki Uotani as Yoshirou Takagi
- Minami Aoyama as Yuka Sanada
- Katsuya Kobayashi as Shingo Noda
- Youko Teramura
- Ao Shimizu
- Wakako Kurahashi
- Hideyuki Inoue
- "Watch The First Trailer For Quirky Japanese Dramedy DOG'S WAY".
- "Cat Girl Kiki (2006)". Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-08-23.
- "'Cat Girl Kiki' (2007)".
- "Live Action Akihabara Trilogy Concludes with "Pretty Maid Cafe" in June".
- "Cat Girl Kiki".