|Club established for||Retired Executive officers of the Royal Navy|
|White Ensign of the Royal Navy|
The Castaways' Club is a dining club for retired warfare officers (previously known as executive or seaman officers) of the Royal Navy who left the service whilst still junior officers, typically with the rank of Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander. The club has no permanent rooms but meets once a year for dinner to which members invite guests who must be serving or retired Warfare officers.
The Castaways' Club was founded in 1895 'for the purpose of promoting social intercourse between gentlemen who had resigned their commissions as Executive Officers of Her Majesty’s Navy and who were desirous of keeping in touch with their former Service'. The Club has a considerable collection of mess silver which has been donated by guests and members since the Club was founded. This includes a silver cup presented to the club in 1908 by King George V who was a frequent guest when Prince of Wales.
Today, the Castaways' Club annual dinner remains very popular in naval circles and the Club has maintained its original purpose. Membership elections are held once a year. Membership is limited to 120 and there is a considerable and undisclosed waiting list.
Members of the Club include or have included:
- Admiral of the Fleet Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, KG KT
- Admiral of the Fleet Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, KG KT
- Captain Lord Teynham DSO DSC, 19th Baron Teynham
- Captain D'Arcy Lambton, 8th son of 2nd Earl of Durham
- Captain Gerald FitzMaurice Digby, youngest son of 9th Baron Digby
- Colonel Sir Roderick Napoleon Brinckman Bt. DSO MC (late Lieutenant RN)
- Colonel Sir Godfrey Llewellyn Bt. CB CBE MC TD (late Sub Lieutenant RN)
- Colonel Sir John Crompton-Inglefield TD DL (late Sub Lieutenant RN)
- Commander The Earl Beatty DSC, 2nd Earl Beatty
- Commander Lord Sandford DSC
- Commander Sir George Armstrong Bt. CMG
- Commander Sir Melvill Ward Bt.
- Commander Sir George Bull Bt.
- Commander Sir Arthur Trevor Dawson Bt.
- Commander Sir John Page-Wood Bt.
- Commander Sir Hugh Dawson Bt. CBE
- Commander Sir (Reginald) Thomas Butler Bt.
- Commander Sir Charles Craven Bt. OBE
- Commander Lord Rennell of Rodd, 3rd Baron Rennell
- Commander Sir John Page Wood Bt.
- Commander Judge L K A Block DSC
- Commander Lovel William Coke, youngest son of 2nd Earl of Leicester
- Lieutenant Colonel Sir Martin Archer-Shee KCMG DSO (late Sub Lieutenant RN)
- Lieutenant Commander The Earl of Abingdon, 8th Earl of Abingdon, 13th Earl of Lindsey
- Lieutenant Commander The Earl of Cork and Orrery
- Lieutenant Commander The Lord Glenconner, 2nd Baron Glenconner
- Lieutenant Commander The Viscount Bridport, Duke of Bronte, 3rd Viscount Bridport
- Lieutenant Commander The Lord Congleton, 6th Baron Congleton
- Lieutenant Commander Sir August Cayzer Bt.
- Lieutenant Commander Sir Keith Speed RD
- Lieutenant Commander Douglas D E Vivian DSC, younger son of 4th Baron Vivian
- Lieutenant Commander James Bertie, youngest son of the 7th Earl of Abingdon
- Lieutenant Prince Alexander Albert of Battenberg, Marquess of Carisbrooke GCB GCVO
- Lieutenant David Mountbatten OBE DSC, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven
- Lieutenant The Duke of Hamilton, 13th Duke of Hamilton, 10th Duke of Brandon
- Lieutenant The Duke of Buccleuch, KT GCVO, 7th Duke of Buccleuch
- Lieutenant The Earl of Westmorland, 14th Earl of Westmorland
- Lieutenant The Earl of Clanwilliam, 7th Earl of Clanwilliam
- Lieutenant The Earl of Stradbroke, 5th Earl of Stradbroke
- Lieutenant Lord Chatfield of Ditchling, 2nd Baron Chatfield
- Lieutenant Lord Ironside, 2nd Baron Ironside
- Lieutenant Lord Francis Osborne, 2nd son of the 9th Duke of Leeds
- Lieutenant The Lord Janvrin GCB GCVO PC
- Lieutenant The Viscount Monsell GBE, 1st Viscount Monsell
- Lieutenant Sir George Armstrong Bt.
- Lieutenant Sir Hugo Huntington-Whiteley Bt.
- Lieutenant Martin Fortescue, younger son of 6th Earl Fortescue
- Lieutenant Sir John Drinkwater QC
- Lieutenant Sir Hugh Cubitt CBE DL
- Lieutenant Neil Donald Campbell DSC, younger son of 2nd Baron Colgrain
- Lieutenant John Douglas Stuart, younger son of 1st Viscount Stuart of Findhorn
- Lieutenant Sir William Benyon DL
- Lieutenant Sir Timothy Colman KG
- Lieutenant Dr Christopher Lewis
- Lieutenant Canon David Henley
- The Daily Telegraph (4 May 2012). "Court & Social, Services Dinners". London.
- Castaways' Club Members and Rules book 2012
- Christies Auctioneers (2008). A Magnificent Russian Silver Soup-Tureen From Empress Catherine the Great's Black Sea Fleet Service, 24 November, 2008. Property of The Castaways' Club. Chrisites, London. ASIN B001S0KGTG.
- Castaways' Club Members and Rules book 2012