Carol Ann Susi
|Died||November 11, 2014 (aged 62)|
|Resting place||Saint Charles Cemetery|
Carol Ann Susi (February 2, 1952 – November 11, 2014) was an American actress. She was best known for providing the voice of recurring unseen character Mrs. Wolowitz, mother of Howard Wolowitz, on the television series The Big Bang Theory.
Susi made her first screen appearance in Kolchak: The Night Stalker, where she played the recurring role of intern Monique Marmelstein. Other television and film credits included: McMillan & Wife, Coyote Ugly, Just Go with It, The Big Bang Theory, Cheers, Becker, Grey's Anatomy, That '70s Show, Out of Practice, Cats & Dogs, Just Shoot Me, Married... with Children, Night Court, The King of Queens, Death Becomes Her, NYPD Blue, Seinfeld, The Secret of My Success, My Blue Heaven, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. She also had extensive experience in live theatre and voiced a character on the video game installment of CSI: NY.
As a sign of respect from her colleagues, her death was also recognised in the season 8 episode of The Big Bang Theory, "The Comic Book Store Regeneration", broadcast on February 19, 2015. As part of the plot, her character of Mrs Wolowitz died in her sleep while visiting Florida. The characters of the show toast her during the last scene of the episode.
|1974||Kolchak: Crackle of Death||Monique Marmelstein||TV movie, Segment: "Firefall"|
|1981||Leave 'em Laughing||Gina||TV movie|
|The Secret of My Succe$s||Jean||as Carol-Ann Susi|
|1989||Married to the Mob||Marilyn||TV movie|
|Blood Red||Segestra Daughter #1|
|Sea of Love||Additional voice|
|1990||My Blue Heaven||Filomena|
|Masters of Menace||Candy Colletti|
|1992||Death Becomes Her||Psychiatric Patient|
|1994||Big Daddy's Barbeque||Deirdre||TV movie|
|Edie & Pen||Irma|
|Wedding Bell Blues||Aunt Anash|
|1997||Eat Your Heart Out||Cynthia|
|Waiting for Woody||Short film|
|2000||The Amati Girls||Ticket Seller|
|2001||Cats & Dogs||Sophie's Sister|
|2002||Duty Dating||Seminar Woman|
|2004||Just Desserts||Mrs. Guzzi||TV movie|
|2005||McBride: It's Murder, Madam||Helen|
|2006||Coffee Date||Diana's Assistant|
|2011||Just Go with It||Mrs. Maccabee|
|2014||A Life, Taken||Ms. Mancuso||Short film, final film role|
|1974||Kolchak: The Night Stalker||Monique Marmelstein||3 episodes|
|McMillan & Wife||Luana|
|1976||Rich Man, Poor Man||Waitress|
|1987||My Sister Sam||Marsha Hammer|
|Simon & Simon||Doreen|
|Jake and the Fatman||Sally|
|1989||Who's the Boss?||Ginger|
|Night Court||Mara Bernstein|
|Head of the Class||Nurse Lemas|
|The New Adam-12||Vicki|
|1990–1993||Murphy Brown||Woman Checker/Secretary #37||2 episodes|
|Doogie Howser, M.D.||Psychic|
|A Different World||Desk Sergeant|
|Mad About You||Female Passenger|
|1995||Pointman||Miss Sloane/Pageant Director|
|1995–1996||Married... with Children||Frannie||3 episodes|
|1996||The Home Court||Connie||1 episode|
|1996–1997||Someone So Right||Gracie/Grace||8 episodes|
|1997||Fired Up||Meat Selling Woman||1 episode|
|1998||Just Shoot Me!||Mrs. Boukidis|
|Sabrina, the Teenage Witch||Doris|
|USA High||Mrs. Lazzarini|
|1999||Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child||Third Pigeon|
|2000||City Guys||Surly Woman|
|The King of Queens||Service Counter Manager/Mrs. Deluca||2 episodes|
|2001||Rude Awakening||Brandy||1 episode|
|That's Life||Tessie Dalton|
|Six Feet Under||Pauline Romano|
|2004||The Drew Carey Show||Doris|
|2005||Out of Practice||Susy||2 episodes|
|2006||Love, Inc.||Gwen||1 episode|
|That '70s Show||Receptionist||2 episodes|
|Celebrity Deathmatch||Danica Patrick||1 episode|
|2007–2014; 2017||The Big Bang Theory||Debbie Wolowitz||40 episodes|
|2008||Ugly Betty||Mrs. Galeano||1 episode|
|Grey's Anatomy||Mrs. Borsokowski|
|2010||'Til Death||Marjorie Putnam|
|2014||Sleepover with Dan & Lauren||Herself|
|2019||Young Sheldon||Debbie Wolowitz||1 episode, archived recording|
|2008||CSI: NY||Doris Brown
|2010||Mafia II||Cleaning Lady
- Hughes, Jason (November 11, 2014). "Carol Ann Susi, 'Big Bang Theory's' Mrs. Wolowitz, Dead at 62". The Wrap. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Big Bang Theory actress dies at 62". The Globe and Mail. November 12, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Morris, Joan (March 14, 2009). "Who's the Voice of 'Big Bang' Mother?". Contra Costa Times. p. 2A. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Salem, Rob (January 24, 2009). "Nerd herd doing a bang-up job". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Owen, Rob (March 16, 2012). "TV Q&A with Rob Owen". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Robinson, Johnny (September 27, 1974). "Radio and TV plus Video Versions". Lewiston Evening Journal. p. 21. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Drake, Sylvie (September 16, 1988). "'Ladies' Room' Lives Up to Expectations of Racy Domain". Los Angeles Times. p. C6. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Collins, Scott (December 19, 1995). "Ollstein's 'Pot Roast' Is Rich in Flavor". Los Angeles Times. p. F8. Retrieved June 2, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 11, 2014). "Carol Ann Susi, 'Big Bang Theory's Mrs. Wolowitz, Dead". Deadline. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Swift, Andy (November 11, 2014). "Carol Ann Susi, Voice Behind Big Bang Theory's Mrs. Wolowitz, Dead at 62". TV Line. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Wilson, Scott (22 August 2016). "Resting Places: The Burial Sites of More Than 14,000 Famous Persons, 3d ed. (2 volume set)". McFarland. Retrieved 2 November 2018 – via Google Books.
- "The Big Bang Theory @ IMDB". www.imdb.com. IMDB.