Carol A. DiBattiste
|Executive in Charge and Vice Chairman of the Board of Veterans' Appeals|
August 2016 – January 2017
|Preceded by||Laura H. Eskenazi|
|Succeeded by||David C. Spickler (acting)|
|Deputy Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration|
July 2004 – April 2005
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Stephen J. McHale|
|Succeeded by||Robert D. Jamison|
|United States Under Secretary of the Air Force|
August 1999 – January 2001
|Preceded by||F. Whitten Peters|
|Succeeded by||Lawrence J. Delaney (acting)|
|Director of the Executive Office for United States Attorneys|
|Preceded by||Anthony C. Moscato|
|Succeeded by||Donna A. Bucella|
Carol Ann DiBattiste
December 28, 1951
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||La Salle University (BA)|
Temple University (JD)
Columbia University (LLM)
|Branch/service||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1971-1991|
Carol A. DiBattiste joined the United States Air Force after graduating from high school in 1971. From 1971 to 1976, she served as an accounting and finance specialist and a recruiter for the Air Force. In 1976, she received a B.A. in sociology from La Salle University. She also graduated from Air Force Officer Training School in 1976, and was commissioned as an officer. She completed Squadron Officer School in 1977.
DiBattiste then attended the Temple University Beasley School of Law, receiving her J.D. in 1981. She also completed training to work in the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps in 1981. She spent 1981-85 working as a prosecutor for the JAG Corps. She spent 1985-1986 completing an LL.M. from Columbia Law School. From 1986 to 1989, DiBattiste was on the Faculty of the Air Force Judge Advocate General School at Maxwell Air Force Base, and from 1989 to 1991, she was chief recruiting attorney of the Office for Professional Development in the Office of the Judge Advocate General at the Pentagon. DiBattiste retired from the United States Air Force in 1991, having achieved the rank of Major.
From 1991 to 1993, DiBattiste was Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida. In 1993, she joined the United States Department of the Navy as Principal Deputy General Counsel of the Navy, a position she held for a year. She was then director of the DOJ's Executive Office for United States Attorneys from 1994 to 1997. She then spent 1998-99 as Deputy United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.
In February 2001, DiBattiste joined the law firm of Holland & Knight as a partner, working there until February 2003. In March 2003, she became Chief of Staff of the Transportation Security Administration. In July 2004, she became Deputy Administrator of the TSA, holding this position until April 2005.
DiBattiste moved to the private sector in March 2005, when she became ChoicePoint's Chief Credentialing, Compliance and Privacy Officer. In September 2006, she became the company's General Counsel.
In October 2008, DiBattiste became Senior Vice President of Privacy, Security, Compliance and Government Affairs at LexisNexis. In August 2016, she became the Executive in Charge of the Board of Veterans' Appeals. She left this role in January of 2017 and joined Comscore as the General Counsel & Chief Privacy and People Officer that same month. 
- Eskenazi bio
- DOVA Executive Biographies
- Spickler bio
- TSA Leadership
- TSA names Robert Jamison as Deputy Administrator (September 14, 2005)
- Robert Dewey Jamison -- Department of Homeland Security
- Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations for 1994: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, One Hundred Third Congress, First Session, Part 2 (1993)
- Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations for 2000: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, One Hundred Sixth Congress, First Session (1999)
- Ernest Kay, Diane Butcher (April 1989). International Who's Who of Professional and Business Women. Melrose Press, Ltd. ISBN 9780900332982.
- Biography from Maxwell Air Force Base
- Profile from Bloomberg BusinessWeek
- LexisNexis Appoints Carol DiBattiste as Senior Vice President of Privacy, Security, Compliance and Government Affairs
- Comscore Appoints Carol DiBattiste as General Counsel & Chief Privacy and People Officer
F. Whitten Peters
| United States Under Secretary of the Air Force
August 1999 – January 2001
Lawrence J. Delaney (acting)
Peter B. Teets