Carlene King Johnson Drake (May 31, 1933 – April 15, 1969) was Miss USA 1955 .
She attended Middlebury College, where she was a member of the Nu chapter Sigma Kappa sorority. She was a legacy of Sigma Kappa sorority, as her mother, Katherine King Johnson, was a member of the Alpha Kappa Chapter. She later attended the Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene at Tufts University in Boston, where she was voted Inter Fraternity Council Queen.
After winning the Miss Vermont USA crown, Johnson, from Rutland, Vermont went on to become Vermont's only representative (as of 2018) to achieve the title of Miss USA. Previously, she was Miss Vermont 1953.
- Sigma Kappa Triangle Magazine, Fall 1955, pg. 4, George Banta Publishing Company
- Sigma Kappa Triangle Magazine, Summer 1955, pg. 22, George Banta Publishing Company
- "Vermont Birth Records, 1909-2008". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Vermont Marriage Records, 1909-2008". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- Miss USA official website
- Mention of Carlene King Johnson's death
- Carlene King Johnson Holloway at Find-A-Grave
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|