Tringale at the 2010 KLM Open
|Full name||Cameron Joseph Tringale|
August 24, 1987 |
Mission Viejo, California
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13.2 st)|
|Residence||Laguna Niguel, California|
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||T38: 2015|
|U.S. Open||T54: 2015|
|The Open Championship||T58: 2015|
|PGA Championship||72nd: 2012|
Cameron Joseph Tringale (born August 24, 1987) is an American professional golfer. Born in Mission Viejo, California, Tringale was a three-time NCAA All-American at Georgia Tech. He earned PGA Tour cards for 2010 and 2011 through qualifying school.
After graduating from Mission Viejo High School in 2005, Tringale attended Georgia Tech and won the Atlantic Coast Conference championship as a freshman. He played in the 2007 U.S. Amateur Championship, where he lost his first round match. He qualified again in 2009 and reached the third round. Tringale was a three-time NCAA All-American, earning second-team honors in 2006 and 2007, and making the first team in 2009 as a senior. He qualified for the 2009 U.S. Open but missed the cut, and he represented the U.S. that year as a member of the Palmer Cup and Walker Cup teams.
In December 2009, Tringale successfully gained a 2010 PGA Tour card through qualifying school, finishing T19. He made his debut as a member of the PGA Tour at the 2010 Sony Open in Hawaii in January. In 21 starts that season, Tringale made just more than $300,000, leaving him 176th on the money list. His best finishes were ties for 11th at the Viking Classic and the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
In December, Tringale regained his PGA Tour card for 2011 by finishing fourth at Q-School. That season he collected fourth-place finishes at the Greenbrier Classic and CIMB Classic and a fifth at the Texas Open.
He finished fourth at the 2012 Farmers Insurance Open, seventh at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans and eighth at the Shell Houston Open. His best result in 2013 was third at the Tampa Bay Championship.
In the 2014 PGA Tour season, Tringale finished fourth at the Houston Open and Greenbrier Classic. Six days after the 2014 PGA Championship, Tringale disqualified himself after he realized he signed an incorrect scorecard. He originally finished T33. During the playoffs, he tied for second at The Barclays.
Tringale was runner-up at the 2015 Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
Professional wins (1)
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||CUT||T58|
CUT = missed the half-way cut
DQ = Disqualified
"T" = tied
U.S. national team appearances
- 2009 PGA Tour Qualifying School graduates
- 2010 PGA Tour Qualifying School graduates
- 2017 Web.com Tour Finals graduates
- "Golfers Swing into Action at Carpet Capital Collegiate". CBS College Sports Network. September 13, 2007. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- Balicki, Ron (August 29, 2009). "Final Four set at U.S. Amateur". Golfweek. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "GT Golf - Tringale Named First-Team All-American". WCTV (Gray Television). June 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Uihlein, Tringale Join Walker Cup Team". ESPN. Associated Press. August 31, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Merritt Wins Q-School, Off to PGA Tour". ESPN. Associated Press. December 7, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- Awtrey, Stan (January 13, 2010). "Tringale Set to Make PGA Debut". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- Awtrey, Stan (December 6, 2010). "Former Ga. Tech star Tringale regains PGA card". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- Harig, Bob (August 16, 2014). "Cameron Tringale asks to be DQ'd". ESPN.