|No. 74 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
|Born:||October 9, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||West Monroe|
(West Monroe, Louisiana)
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 34|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
High school career
A native of West Monroe, Louisiana, Robinson attended West Monroe High School, where he was a two-time first team 5A Louisiana All-State selection by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association. In his senior season, West Monroe finished with a 9–3 record, losing to Central in the second round of the LHSAA Class 5A state playoffs. After the season, Robinson was named All-American by USA Today and Parade.
One of the most highly regarded recruits across all positions, Robinson was unanimously considered the No. 1 offensive tackle prospect of his class. With offers from almost every program in the nation, Robinson chose Alabama over Louisiana State. He graduated from high school in January to enroll at Alabama for the spring semester.
In his true freshman season at Alabama, Robinson started all 14 games. He was the first true freshman to start at left offensive tackle for the Crimson Tide since Andre Smith in 2006. Over a total of 861 snaps, Robinson surrendered only three quarterback sacks. He was part of an offensive line that gave up just 1.14 sacks per game, which ranked 14th nationally, while blocking for 484.5 yards of total offense per game. Robinson was named a Freshman All-American by Football Writers Association of America. After playing three years with Alabama, Robinson decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2017 NFL Draft.
Robinson received an invitation to the NFL Combine and completed all the combine drills except for the bench press, due to a shoulder injury. He participated at Alabama's Pro Day and opted to only run positional drills for team representatives and scouts. NFL draft experts and analysts projected Robinson to be a first or second round pick. He was ranked the top offensive tackle by Sports Illustrated, the second best offensive tackle by NFL media analyst Bucky Brooks, the second best interior offensive lineman by Mike Mayock, and was ranked the third best offensive tackle by ESPN and NFLDraftScout.com.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 6 1⁄4 in
|35 1⁄2 in
|10 1⁄2 in
|5.15 s||1.78 s||2.98 s||4.82 s||7.81 s||26 in
|8 ft 10 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On May 17, 2016, Robinson was arrested for possession of marijuana and weapons charges in West Monroe, Louisiana. According to the police booking information, he was charged with two misdemeanors, possession and illegal carrying of a weapon, as well as felony possession of stolen firearms. The charges were dropped on June 20, 2016 by the district attorney because of insufficient evidence. Attorney Jerry D. Jones said "I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning."
- "Game Details: Central @ West Monroe Football". MaxPreps. November 22, 2013.
- Rivals.com offensive tackles 2014
- ESPN 300 for 2014
- All-American Cameron Robinson is crown jewel of offensive-line restocking project
- "Cameron Robinson excited for imminent Alabama arrival as recruiting process winds down". The Times-Picayune. December 31, 2013.
- "*Can Robinson, DS #3 OT, Alabama". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Chris Burke (April 24, 2017). "2017 NFL draft rankings: Top prospects by position". si.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Jeff Legwold (April 22, 2017). "Ranking the 2017 Draft's Top 100 Prospects". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Mike Mayock (April 12, 2017). "Mike Mayock's 2017 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0". NFL.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Bucky Brooks (April 25, 2017). "Bucky Brooks' 2017 NFL Draft Position rankings 3.0". NFL.com. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars trade up to select Cam Robinson". NFL.com. April 28, 2017.
- "Jags LT Cam Robinson has torn ACL in left knee". ESPN.com. September 17, 2018.
- Williams, Charean (September 17, 2018). "Jaguars re-sign Rashad Greene, place Cam Robinson on IR". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- "Alabama lineman Cam Robinson facing felony weapons charge". ESPN. May 17, 2016.
- Robby Kalland (May 17, 2016). "Alabama star Cam Robinson, impact reserve arrested on weapons charges". CBSsports. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Robby Kalland (June 20, 2016). "Why the DA is dropping charges against Alabama's Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones". CBSsports. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Ben Kercheval (June 22, 2016). "Here's how Alabama is punishing Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones after arrests". CBSsports. Retrieved April 29, 2017.