This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||August 7, 1992|
Orlando, Florida, United States
|WeatherTech SportsCar Championship career|
|SCCA Trans-Am Series TA2 Champion (2013, 2014)|
WeatherTech SportsCar Championship North American Endurance Cup GTD Champion (2015)
Cameron Lawrence (born August 7, 1992 in Orlando, Florida) is an American professional racing driver and 2015 North American Endurance Cup (NAEC) champion in the GTD class in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Lawrence began his professional racing career in 2011, where he drove for Miller Racing in the SCCA Trans-Am Series TA2 Class and finished third in his debut race at Road Atlanta. In 2013, Lawrence competed in the Trans-Am Series with Miller Racing in a Dodge Challenger in the TA2 Class where he claimed victory in eight of the championship's ten rounds en route to his first professional championship. At 21 years old, Lawrence also became the youngest champion in the Trans-Am Series' entire history.
For 2014, Lawrence took an additional seven wins and a second-straight TA2 class championship with Miller Racing. In 2015, Lawrence returned for a third season with Miller Racing in TA2 where he took four more victories and led the championship heading into the final round at Daytona International Speedway where he, after starting 26th due to a red flag during qualifying, passed 15 cars in the opening three laps before he was forced to pit with mechanical issues, effectively costing him a third-straight championship.
Lawrence joined Riley Technologies at the beginning of the 2015 United SportsCar Championship where competed in the #93 Viper Exchange/TI Automotive Dodge Viper. At the 2015 24 Hours of Daytona, Lawrence took the GTD class win on his first attempt alongside teammates Al Carter, Dominik Farnbacher, Ben Keating, and Kuno Wittmer. Lawrence continued the 2015 North American Endurance Cup (NAEC) season with 4th place at the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring and a win at the Sahlen's 6 Hours of Watkins Glen. At Petit Le Mans, Lawrence took his first WeatherTech SportsCar Championship pole in his first qualifying attempt in the series, narrowly beating out the Porsches of Leh Keen and Spencer Pumpelly in the final minute of a severely wet qualifying session. In the race, Lawrence and teammates Al Carter and Marc Goossens ran at or near the top of the field all day before they finished third, clinching the North American Endurance Cup (NAEC) in the GTD Class for Lawrence and Carter.
Cameron made his Prototype (P) Class debut at the 2016 12 Hours of Sebring driving for Alegra Motorsports in their BMW-powered PokerStars/inSync Riley Daytona Prototype alongside Dominik Farnbacher, Daniel Morad, and Carlos de Quesada. Lawrence ran as high as 4th overall before electrical issues forced the team to take an extended pitstop which put the car well outside the top ten.  Cameron competed in select Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge races in the ST class with Honda of America Racing Team (HART) where he finished second at Circuit of the Americas and finished top-10 in six out of eight races. Cameron returned to IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship for Petit Le Mans where he competed with Turner Motorsports in the #97 BMW M6 GT3 and finished 3rd with teammates Michael Marsal and Markus Palttala.
In 2017, Cameron competed with Class Auto Motorsports in the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Tire where he finished 4th in the TA2 season championship with eight top five finishes. Cameron earned his first win in the TA class at Brainerd International Raceway with Derhaag Motorsports.
Cameron competed in his first international races in 2018 with the Creventic 24 Hours of Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates with Sorg Rennsport and the Bathurst 12 Hours in Bathurst, Australia with MARC Cars. Cameron returned to Turner Motorsports for the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona with co-drivers Don Yount, Mark Kvamme, Jens Klingmann and Martin Tomczyk.
Motorsports career results
IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship series results
|2016||Alegra Motorsports||P||Riley Mk XXVI DP||Dinan (BMW) 5.0 L V8||DAY
* Season still in progress
24 Hours of Daytona Results
|24 Hours of Daytona results|
|2015||GTD||93||Riley Technologies||Dodge Viper GTS-R|| Al Carter
- "Amy Ruman and Gar Robinson claim TA and TA2 Championships, victories, at Daytona". Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Cameron Lawrence Wins Petit Le Mans GTD Pole in First IMSA TUDOR Championship Qualifying Attempt in No. 93 Viper GT3-R". Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Alegra Motorsports Impresses At Sebring". Archived from the original on 5 June 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Johnson, Maxwell, Ford Shelby Mustang win IMSA Continental Tire Challenge race at COTA". Autoweek. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Turner BMW finishes 4th at Petit Le Mans". BMW BLOG. 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Trans Am - America's Road Racing Series". gotransam.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Cameron Lawrence takes Trans Am Win at BIR". Brainerd International Raceway & Resort. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "24H SERIES 24H DUBAI 2018". 24H SERIES. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- HOUR, BATHURST 12 (2018-01-30). "MARC ready for eight-car 12 Hour bid". Western Advocate. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- Dagys, John. "Lawrence Completes Turner Lineup for Daytona – Sportscar365". sportscar365.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Romantic Wedding at the Villas of Grand Cypress | Morgan and Cameron". Bumby Photography. 2018-12-17. Retrieved 2019-01-20.