Erving in 2016
|No. 75 – Kansas City Chiefs|
|Born:||August 23, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||313 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Colquitt County|
(Norman Park, Georgia)
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Cameron Erving (born August 23, 1992) is an American football guard for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Florida State and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Erving played in three games as a defensive tackle as a true freshman in 2010. He recorded one tackle before an injury caused him to have a medical redshirt. He played in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman in 2011, finishing the season with 20 tackles and a sack. Erving was moved to offensive tackle as a sophomore in 2012. He started all 14 games at left tackle.
As a junior in 2013, Erving was a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) selection. He was also named a second-team All-American by the Associated Press. Erving started his senior season in 2014 as the starting left tackle, but was moved to center after an injury to Austin Barron.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 1⁄2 in
|34 1⁄8 in
|10 3⁄8 in
|5.15 s||1.87 s||3.03 s||4.63 s||7.48 s||30 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 4 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Erving signed a four-year contract worth roughly $10 million, with a signing bonus of about $5 million.
Kansas City Chiefs
On May 2, 2018, the Chiefs declined the fifth-year option on Erving's contract, making him a free agent in 2019. On September 4, 2018, Erving signed a two-year contract extension with the Chiefs. In the 2018 season, Erving became the Chiefs starting left guard.
- FSU leaning on fresh faces on offensive line
- Cameron Erving flourishing in new role on FSU’s O-Line
- "2013 All-ACC Teams Announced". TheACC.com. December 2, 2013.
- FSU OL Cameron Erving's move to center permanent
- No. 1 Florida State starts new center vs. Syracuse
- Gribble, Andrew (April 30, 2015). "Cleveland Browns draft Florida State OL Cameron Erving in 1st round". ClevelandBrowns.com. Archived from the original on May 3, 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- Cabot, Mary Kay (May 15, 2015). "Cleveland Browns sign 1st-round picks Danny Shelton and Cameron Erving". Cleveland Plain Dealer. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Orr, Conor (April 10, 2016). "Browns O-line gives Cam Erving vote of confidence". NFL.com. Retrieved April 11, 2016.
- Florjancic, Matthew (July 14, 2016). "Cameron Erving focused on being Cleveland Browns' center". WKYC. Retrieved August 7, 2016.
- Sessler, Marc (August 30, 2017). "Browns ship Cameron Erving to Chiefs for fifth-rounder". NFL.com.
- Gantt, Darin (May 2, 2018). "Chiefs won't pick up option on Cameron Erving". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Teicher, Adam (September 4, 2018). "Source: Cameron Erving signs 2-year extension with Chiefs". ESPN.com.
- "2018 Week 2 Chiefs vs Steelers gamebook" (PDF). NFL.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cameron Erving.|