Cadillac XT4 in Shanghai.
|Assembly||Kansas City, Kansas, United States (Fairfax Assembly)|
Shanghai, China (SAIC-GM)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact/subcompact luxury crossover SUV (J-B/C)|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||FF / F4|
|Engine||2.0 L LSY I4 (turbocharged gasoline)|
|Transmission||9-speed 9T50 automatic|
|Wheelbase||109.4 in (2,780 mm)|
|Length||181.1 in (4,600 mm)|
|Width||74.1 in (1,880 mm)|
|Height||64.1 in (1,630 mm)|
|Curb weight||3,660 lb (1,660 kg) (FWD, est.)|
The XT4 (short for Crossover Touring 4) is Cadillac’s second crossover SUV, slotting below the mid-size Cadillac XT5, serving as the luxury equivalent to the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain. It is the third model to use Cadillac's new alphanumeric naming scheme (after the CT6 and XT5), and the second of three vehicles Cadillac is introducing in the Crossover Touring (XT) series, the third being the mid-sized three row XT6 that debuted in 2019 as a 2020 model. It utilizes GM's E2 platform, shared with the Chevrolet Malibu and Buick's Opel Insignia–badged Regal TourX sport wagon. The XT4 is produced at GM's Fairfax Assembly plant, and went on sale in the fall of 2018 as a 2019 model. The Chinese-market XT4 is manufactured in Shanghai by SAIC-GM.
Cadillac introduced a teaser for the XT4 during a telecast of the 90th Academy Awards on March 4, 2018, and it made its official debut at the 2018 New York Auto Show on March 27, 2018. Cadillac started taking customer pre-orders shortly following the New York debut. The starting price for the 2019 XT4 in the United States is US$35,790.
The XT4 launched with an all-new turbocharged 2.0 liter four-cylinder engine, featuring Active Fuel Management and a start-stop system. Maximum output is 237 hp (177 kW) at 5000 rpm, and 258 lb⋅ft (350 N⋅m) of torque at 1500–4000 rpm. It will be paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, with either front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
Trim levels on the XT4 include "Luxury", "Premium Luxury", and "Sport".
- "Cadillac Previews the First-ever XT4 in 2018 Academy Awards® Television Spot" (Press release). GM. 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "2019 Cadillac XT4".
- "Subcompact luxury SUV rankings".
- "XT4 rivals".
- "Cadillac cars review".
- "Cadillac XT5 – XT5".
- "2020 Cadillac XT6 Spied".
- "Cadillac XT6, joining mid-size three row SUVs".
- "Cadillac XT6 caught Testing for the First Time" from Cadillac Society (April 18, 2018)
- "Cadillac offers a peek at new KCK-made XT4 during Oscars broadcast", Kansas City Business Journal (March 5, 2018)
- "Cadillac XT4 Will Debut at 2018 New York Auto Show", GM Authority (January 17, 2018)
- "2019 Cadillac XT4 debuts with turbo power, $35,790 price tag", MSN/CNET (March 27, 2018)
- "All-new 2019 Cadillac XT4 crossover debuts in New York", Autoblog (March 27, 2018)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cadillac XT4.|