|CCA tRNA nucleotidyltransferase|
|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
CCA tRNA nucleotidyltransferase (EC 184.108.40.206, CCA-adding enzyme, tRNA adenylyltransferase, tRNA CCA-pyrophosphorylase, tRNA-nucleotidyltransferase, transfer-RNA nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleic acid nucleotidyl transferase, CTP(ATP):tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate adenylyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate adenyltransferase, transfer RNA adenylyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate nucleotidyltransferase, ATP (CTP):tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, ribonucleic cytidylic cytidylic adenylic pyrophosphorylase, transfer ribonucleic adenylyl (cytidylyl) transferase, transfer ribonucleic-terminal trinucleotide nucleotidyltransferase, transfer ribonucleate cytidylyltransferase, ribonucleic cytidylyltransferase, -C-C-A pyrophosphorylase, ATP(CTP)-tRNA nucleotidyltransferase, tRNA adenylyl(cytidylyl)transferase, CTP:tRNA cytidylyltransferase) is an enzyme with systematic name CTP,CTP,ATP:tRNA cytidylyl,cytidylyl,adenylyltransferase. This enzyme catalyses the following chemical reaction
- a tRNA precursor + 2 CTP + ATP a tRNA with a 3' CCA end + 3 diphosphate (overall reaction)
- (1a) a tRNA precursor + CTP a tRNA with a 3' cytidine end + diphosphate
- (1b) a tRNA with a 3' cytidine + CTP a tRNA with a 3' CC end + diphosphate
- (1c) a tRNA with a 3' CC end + ATP a tRNA with a 3' CCA end + diphosphate
- Schofield P, Williams KR (August 1977). "Purification and some properties of Escherichia coli tRNA nucleotidyltransferase". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 252 (15): 5584–8. PMID 328503.
- Shi PY, Maizels N, Weiner AM (June 1998). "CCA addition by tRNA nucleotidyltransferase: polymerization without translocation?". The EMBO Journal. 17 (11): 3197–206. doi:10.1093/emboj/17.11.3197. PMC 1170658. PMID 9606201.
- Augustin MA, Reichert AS, Betat H, Huber R, Mörl M, Steegborn C (May 2003). "Crystal structure of the human CCA-adding enzyme: insights into template-independent polymerization". Journal of Molecular Biology. 328 (5): 985–94. doi:10.1016/S0022-2836(03)00381-4. PMID 12729736.
- Yakunin AF, Proudfoot M, Kuznetsova E, Savchenko A, Brown G, Arrowsmith CH, Edwards AM (August 2004). "The HD domain of the Escherichia coli tRNA nucleotidyltransferase has 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase, 2'-nucleotidase, and phosphatase activities". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 279 (35): 36819–27. doi:10.1074/jbc.M405120200. PMID 15210699.
- Hou YM (April 2010). "CCA addition to tRNA: implications for tRNA quality control". IUBMB Life. 62 (4): 251–60. doi:10.1002/iub.301. PMC 2848691. PMID 20101632.