|C. B. Dollaway|
|Born||August 10, 1983|
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
|Other names||The Doberman|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)|
Light Heavyweight (current)
|Reach||76 in (193 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Tempe, Arizona|
|Team||Power MMA And Fitness|
|Rank||Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Wrestling||NCAA Division I Wrestling|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|University||Colby Community College|
|Notable school(s)||Northmor High School|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Clarence Byron "C. B." Dollaway (born August 10, 1983) is an American mixed martial artist currently fighting in the Light Heavyweight division of Rizin Fighting Federation. He was a finalist on SpikeTV's The Ultimate Fighter 7 and ran a lengthy tenure in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He holds notable victories over Jason Miller, Hector Lombard and Francis Carmont.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Championships and accomplishments
- 4 Mixed martial arts record
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Dollaway graduated from Northmor High School near Galion, Ohio where he was a state champion wrestler in the 171 lb weight class. After high school Dollaway attended Colby Community College in Colby, Kansas. While at Colby, Dollaway won the JUCO National Championships. Soon after, Dollaway moved to Tempe, Arizona to attend Arizona State University where he earned a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies with a concentration in sociology and justice studies. Wrestling since the age of five, Dollaway continued the sport at Arizona State University, earning All-American status in 2006, taking 5th place in the 184 lb. bracket as a tenth seed.
Mixed martial arts career
The Ultimate Fighter
Dollaway appeared on the seventh season of the reality television series The Ultimate Fighter. He earned a spot on the show when he defeated David Baggett by TKO. Rampage Jackson won the initial coin toss and decided to pick the first fighter, Dollaway. Dollaway did not have his first fight until the last preliminary fight, going up against Nick Klein. Dollaway defeated Klein by guillotine choke in the second round. Dollaway then went on to fight Cale Yarbrough in the quarter-finals. Dollaway won the fight by TKO in the first round. Dollaway's next opponent was the future winner of the show Amir Sadollah, Sadollah won by an armbar submission in the third round. After Jesse Taylor was forced out of the show, Dana White needed someone to fight Sadollah in the finale. Dollaway and Tim Credeur fought to see who would be in the finale. After three rounds, Dollaway won by unanimous decision. Sadollah defeated Dollaway for the second time by armbar to win the show. Although it appeared that Dollaway had tapped, shortly after the fight he proclaimed he did not in fact tap, which Joe Rogan disputed.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Following up on his loss at The Ultimate Finale, where he was runner-up, he was offered a fight against fighter Jesse Taylor at UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Irvin where he won by Peruvian necktie in the first round. This was the first time in UFC history this submission was successfully used and earned Dollaway Submission of the Night honors.
At UFC 92, Dollaway returned to action, for his eighth fight of 2008, against Mike Massenzio, a fighter who he had formerly defeated in his Junior College wrestling career. Dollaway defeated Massenzio by TKO due to punches at 3:01 of the first round. After being stunned by a Massenzio punch and nearly being caught in a guillotine choke, Dollaway secured top position, took Massenzio's back and pounded his opponent with punches until the referee halted the bout. After the stoppage Dollaway celebrated with a howl similar to that of his coach on The Ultimate Fighter, Quinton Jackson. Massenzio later stated that Dollaway tapped out during their match.
Dollaway had his fourth fight for the UFC taking on Tom Lawlor at UFC 100 on the preliminary card. In the beginning of the bout, Dollaway shot in for a takedown but was quickly ensnared in a guillotine choke. Lawlor tightly locked the hold, and moments later Lawlor looked up to the ref stating Dollaway had lost consciousness, ending the bout 55 seconds into the first round.
He was scheduled to fight Dan Miller on September 16, 2009 at UFC Fight Night 19. However, Miller got an infection and had to withdraw. Newcomer Jay Silva was named as his replacement. Dollaway outwrestled Silva for three rounds, winning a unanimous decision.
Dollaway faced Joe Doerksen on September 25, 2010 at UFC 119. Dollaway defeated Doerksen by modified guillotine choke at 2:47 of the opening frame. In this bout, Dollaway showed exceptional grappling skills, locking on to an arm in guillotine and trying to submit his opponent. Then a scrambled ensued, with Dollaway switching to a Peruvian Necktie choke from the mount and forcing Doerksen to tap. He was awarded his second Submission of the Night award for this victory.
Dollaway faced Jason Miller on May 26, 2012 at UFC 146. He weathered the striking of Miller at the beginning of each round and used his wrestling and ground and pound to control the latter part of the rounds, en route to a unanimous decision victory. In a post-fight interview, with Ariel Helwani, Dollaway stated that he was happy with his performance, and that the win was big for his career. However, many fans were disappointed with Dollaway for having held Mayhem down for almost the entirety of the fight without having mounted much offense.
Dollaway faced Tim Boetsch on October 19, 2013 at UFC 166, replacing an injured Luke Rockhold. While Dollaway seemingly controlled the action for the majority of the bout, he was docked a point for multiple eye pokes to Boetsch and lost the fight via split decision.
Dollaway faced Francis Carmont on May 31, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 41. He won the fight by unanimous decision. The win also earned Dollaway his first Performance of the Night bonus award. This also marks the first time the UFC promotion has given a Performance of the Night bonus to a fighter who won their fight by decision.
Dollaway was expected to face Francimar Barroso in a light heavyweight bout on September 10, 2016 at UFC 203. However on the day of the event, Dollaway suffered a back injury at his hotel due to a malfunctioning elevator and was unable to participate. As a result, Barroso was also removed from the event.
Dollaway returned to middleweight and faced Hector Lombard on March 3, 2018 at UFC 222. Dollaway won the fight after Lombard clearly landed two intentional strikes to Dollaway after the end of the first round, knocking him down. Lombard was disqualified and Dollaway was given the victory whilst outside the octagon.
Dollaway was scheduled to face Omari Akhmedov on September 15, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 136. However, Akhmedov pulled out of the fight in early September and was briefly replaced by promotional newcomer Artem Frolov. In turn, after just three days, Frolov backed out of the fight citing lingering injuries, and he was replaced by Khalid Murtazaliev. Dollaway lost the fight via TKO at the end of the second round.
On August 16, 2019 it was reported that Dollaway tested positive for anastrozole, a growth hormone releasing peptide 2 (GHRP-2 or pralmorelin); a metabolite of GHRP-2; and GHRP-6, on a sample collected on December 19, 2018. In addition, tested positive for clomiphene on a out-of-competition sample collected on February 9, 2019. Dollaway also tested positive for receiving intravenous (IV) infusion over the allowable limits on December, 2018. As a result, Dollaway was suspended for 2 years by USADA retroactive from December 13, 2018 and he is eligible to fight again on December 13, 2020. Dollaway indicated that he was unknowingly in contact with the substance from a stem cell procedure done in Mexico. In December 2019, news surfaced that after a 20-fight tenure Dollaway and the UFC had parted ways.
Championships and accomplishments
- USA Wrestling
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Junior College Athletic Association
- National High School Coaches Association
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Ohio State Wrestling Champion out of Northmor High School (2002)
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|26 matches||17 wins||9 losses|
|Loss||17–9||Khalid Murtazaliev||TKO (referee stoppage)||UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oliynyk||September 15, 2018||2||5:00||Moscow, Russia|
|Win||17–8||Hector Lombard||DQ (illegal punches)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||1||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Return to Middleweight. Lombard was disqualified after hitting Dollaway twice after the bell.|
|Win||16–8||Ed Herman||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption Finale||July 7, 2017||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Loss||15–8||Nate Marquardt||KO (punch)||UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2||December 19, 2015||2||0:28||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Loss||15–7||Michael Bisping||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 186||April 25, 2015||3||5:00||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Loss||15–6||Lyoto Machida||TKO (body kick and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway||December 20, 2014||1||1:02||Barueri, Brazil|
|Win||15–5||Francis Carmont||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Munoz vs. Mousasi||May 31, 2014||3||5:00||Berlin, Germany||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||14–5||Cezar Ferreira||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2||March 23, 2014||1||0:39||Natal, Brazil|
|Loss||13–5||Tim Boetsch||Decision (split)||UFC 166||October 19, 2013||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||13–4||Daniel Sarafian||Decision (split)||UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping||January 19, 2013||3||5:00||São Paulo, Brazil||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||12–4||Jason Miller||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 146||May 26, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||11–4||Jared Hamman||TKO (punches)||UFC Live: Hardy vs. Lytle||August 14, 2011||2||3:38||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||11–3||Mark Muñoz||KO (punches)||UFC Live: Sanchez vs. Kampmann||March 3, 2011||1||0:54||Louisville, Kentucky, United States|
|Win||11–2||Joe Doerksen||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC 119||September 25, 2010||1||2:13||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Win||10–2||Goran Reljić||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 110||February 21, 2010||3||5:00||Sydney, Australia|
|Win||9–2||Jay Silva||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Diaz vs. Guillard||September 16, 2009||3||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||8–2||Tom Lawlor||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC 100||July 11, 2009||1||0:55||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||8–1||Mike Massenzio||TKO (punches)||UFC 92||December 27, 2008||1||3:01||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–1||Jesse Taylor||Submission (peruvian necktie)||UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Irvin||July 19, 2008||1||3:58||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Loss||6–1||Amir Sadollah||Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest Finale||June 21, 2008||1||3:02||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs Team Forrest Middleweight Tournament final.|
|Win||6–0||Bill Smallwood||Submission (rear-naked choke)||SE: Vale Tudo||October 27, 2007||1||N/A||Mexico|
|Win||5–0||Hans Marrero||TKO (knee and punches)||HDNet Fights 1||October 13, 2007||1||1:07||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Win||4–0||Joe Bunch||TKO (punches)||IFO: Wiuff vs. Salmon||September 1, 2007||2||4:31||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||3–0||George Hartman||Decision (unanimous)||Rage in the Cage 94||April 28, 2007||3||3:00||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||2–0||Levi LaLonde||TKO (punches)||WFC: Desert Storm||March 31, 2007||1||2:40||Camp Verde, Arizona, United States|
|Win||1–0||Chuck Pablo||TKO (slam)||Cage Fighting Federation||November 10, 2006||1||0:17||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|5 matches||4 wins||1 loss|
|Win||4–1||Tim Credeur||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest||June 18, 2008 (airdate)||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Semi-final replacemant bout.|
|Loss||3–1||Amir Sadollah||Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest||June 18, 2008 (airdate)||3||2:50||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Semi-finals.|
|Win||3–0||Cale Yarbrough||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest||June 4, 2008 (airdate)||1||2:43||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Quarter-finals.|
|Win||2–0||Nick Klein||Submission (guillotine choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest||May 21, 2008 (airdate)||2||2:41||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Preliminary bout.|
|Win||1–0||David Baggett||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest||April 2, 2008 (airdate)||1||1:29||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 7 entry bout.|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Machida vs. Dollaway". UFC.com. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "CB Dollaway - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- Mike Massenzio: CB Tapped. 4 May 2009 – via YouTube.
- Stupp, Dann (March 25, 2009). "C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor set for UFC 100 preliminary card". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on March 28, 2009. Retrieved March 25, 2009.
- "MMA DieHards Exclusive: CB Dollaway To Return Versus Dan Miller at UFN 19". Bleacher Report.
- "C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic reportedly on tap for UFC 110 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- "C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen targeted for UFC 119 in Indianapolis". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "Jared Hamman drops to middleweight, faces C.B. Dollaway at UFC on Versus 5". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "'Mayhem' Miller vs. C.B. Dollaway added to UFC 146 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. February 19, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-02-21.
- UFC 146: CB Dollaway Was Motivated by Personal Attacks From 'Mayhem' Miller. 26 May 2012 – via YouTube.
- "UFC makes official Jan. 19 card in Brazil". MMAjunkie.com. November 3, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-11-06.
- Tim Burke (2013-03-04). "Ferreira vs. Dollaway added to UFC on FX 8)". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "Chris Camozzi in for injured C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira at UFC on FX 8". mmajunkie.com. April 1, 2013.
- Staff (2013-09-18). "Luke Rockhold out, C.B. Dollaway meets Tim Boetsch at UFC 166". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Steven Marrocco (2013-10-20). "After eye pokes, Tim Boetsch beats C.B. Dollaway". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Mookie Alexander (2013-10-20). "Gross judging incompetence displayed in Tim Boetsch vs. C.B Dollaway decision". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Guilherme Cruz (2014-01-14). "Cezar Ferreira vs. CB Dollaway agreed for UFC event in Brazil". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- Dorian Szucs (2014-03-28). "UFC Berlin: Francis Carmont vs. CB Dollaway". groundandpound.de. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- staff (2014-05-31). "UFC Fight Night 41 bonuses: No 'Fight of the Night' awards issued". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- Matt Erickson (2014-09-17). "C.B. Dollaway vs. Lyoto Machida set for UFC Fight Night 58 in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- Brian Knapp (2014-12-20). "Lyoto Machida body kick short-circuits C.B. Dollaway in UFC Fight Night Main Event". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Sean Bio (2015-01-17). "Michael Bisping vs. CB Dollaway booked for UFC 186". cagepages.com. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- Steven Marrocco (25 April 2015). "UFC 186 results: Michael Bisping tops C.B. Dollaway in back-and-forth slugfest". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- Dave Doyle (2015-08-21). "Dollaway vs. Marquardt, Samman vs. McCrory added to UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-12-19). "UFC on FOX 17 results: Nate Marquardt scores stunning KO of C.B. Dollaway". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- Dan Hiergesell (2016-07-02). "C.B. Dollaway pegged for light heavyweight debut at UFC 203 on Sept. 10". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2016-07-02.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-09-10). "Elevator incident forces C.B. Dollaway out of UFC 203". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
- Dana Becker (2017-05-05). "The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale card secures four bouts". mmanews.com. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "TUF 25 Finale results: C.B. Dollaway earns hard-fought unanimous decision vs. Ed Herman". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- Adam Hill (2017-11-29). "Hector Lombard looks to end skid at UFC 222". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- "UFC 222 results: Hector Lombard disqualified for KO punch of C.B. Dollaway after horn". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Ariel Helwani (2018-06-28). "Omari Akhmedov, CB Dollaway added to Moscow card". espn.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-04). "M-1 Global Champion Artem Frolov makes UFC debut against CB Dollaway in Moscow" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-07). "CB Dollaway again without an opponent after injury Artem Frolov" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- DNA, MMA (2018-09-08). "Khalid Murtazaliev vervangt Artem Frolov tijdens UFC: Moskou". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "UFC Fight Night 136 results: Khalid Murtazaliev brutalizes C.B. Dollaway for late-stoppage TKO". MMAjunkie. 2018-09-15. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- Martin, Damon (2019-08-26). "CB Dollaway suspended two years by USADA after testing positive for multiple banned substances". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- "UFC's C.B. Dollaway accepts two-year USADA suspension for multiple banned substances, IV". MMA Junkie. 2019-08-26. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- Damon Martin (December 4, 2019). "CB Dollaway exits the UFC, faces Jiri Prochazka for RIZIN light heavyweight title on Dec. 31". mmafighting.com.
- "Player bio: C.B. Dollaway". Thesundevils.com. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- "NCAA wrestling division I college wrestling results". Sectiononewrestling.com. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- "NHSCA Sr. All Americans". NHSCA.com. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Sherdog.com. "C.B." Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-09-16.