|Discipline||Earth sciences, volcanology|
|Edited by||Andrew J.L. Harris|
|ISO 4||Bull. Volcanol.|
The Bulletin of Volcanology is a peer reviewed scientific journal that is published ten times per year by Springer Science+Business Media. It is the official journal of the International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI). The focus of the journal is volcanoes, volcanic products, eruptive behavior, and volcanic hazards. The Executive Editor is James DL White.
Scope and history
Applying geochemical, petrological, and geophysical techniques to understand volcanic systems (magmatic systems) and their evolution is part of this journal's focus. Publishing formats include original research papers, reviews, communications, and a discussion forum. Additionally, this journal is a continuation of Bulletin Volcanologique which was published first in 1922. In 1986 Springer-Verlag started publishing this journal with Volume 48.
Abstracting and indexing
Bulletin of Volcanology is indexed in the following databases:
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Current Abstracts
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- INIS Atomindex
- Journal Citation Reports
- Science Citation Index
- Summon by Serial Solutions
- "Journal's home page". Springer Science+Business Media. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- "IAVCEI information page". International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Official website
- International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior
- Bulletin of Volcanology at IAVCEI
- Bulletin volcanologique. Napoli : F. Giannini 1924-1984.