Buena Vista, HABS Photo, June 1982
|Location||661 South DuPont Highway, New Castle, Delaware|
|Area||52 acres (21 ha)|
|Architect||Okie, R. Brognard|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP reference No.||71000228|
|Added to NRHP||April 16, 1971|
Buena Vista is a historic home located at New Castle, New Castle County, Delaware. It was built between 1845 and 1847, and is a two-story, five bay, brick dwelling in the Greek Revival style. It has a service wing and a long wing designed by architect R. Brognard Okie containing a long hall and library. It features a full width verandah supported by Doric order columns. It was the home of U.S. Senator and Secretary of State John M. Clayton (1796-1856) and U.S. Senator and Delaware Governor C. Douglass Buck (1890-1965), who donated it to the State of Delaware. It is operated as the Buena Vista Conference Center by the State of Delaware.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- Leon deValinger, Jr. (January 1970). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Buena Vista". National Park Service. and accompanying four photos
- Buena Vista Conference Center
- Federal Writers' Project (1938). The Ocean Highway: New Brunswick, New Jersey to Jacksonville, Florida. Works Progress Administration. p. 14.
- Buena Vista: A Brief History
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. DE-206, "Buena Vista, U.S. Route 13, South of U.S. Route 40, Tybouts Corner, New Castle County, DE", 11 photos, 3 data pages, 1 photo caption page
|This article about a property in Delaware on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|