The Sidney Lanier Bridge over the Brunswick River
|• location||Glynn County, Georgia|
The Brunswick River is a 6-mile-long (10 km) tidal river in Glynn County, Georgia. It begins at the confluence of the South Brunswick River with the Turtle River southeast of Brunswick and flows east to St. Simons Sound, the strait between Saint Simons Island to the north and Jekyll Island to the south.
The Lanier Bridge crosses the Brunswick River, I-95 and Georgia State Route 303 cross the Turtle River, the Torres Causeway crosses St. Simons Sound, and the Jekyll Island Causeway crosses Jekyll Sound.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brunswick River
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed April 21, 2011
- Brunswick West, GA, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1956 (1976 rev.)
- Jekyll Island, GA, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1957
- USGS Hydrologic Unit Map - State of Georgia (1974)
- South Brunswick River boat ramp
- Georgia DNR Turtle River and South Brunswick River
- NOAA nautical chart