|Brookland High School|
100 West School Street
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|School district||Brookland School District|
|NCES School ID||050364000116|
|Teaching staff||32.92 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.48|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
Advanced Placement (AP)
|Athletics||Football, Volleyball, Bowling, Golf, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer|
|Athletics conference||4A Region 3|
|Team name||Brookland Bearcats|
|Feeder schools||Brookland Junior High School (7-9)|
Brookland High School is a comprehensive public high school located in the fringe town of Brookland, Arkansas, United States. The school provides secondary education for students in grades 9 through 12. It is one of nine public high schools in Craighead County, Arkansas and the sole high school administered by the Brookland School District.
Brookland High School is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and has been accredited by AdvancED since 1991. The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the ADE. Students complete regular (core and elective) and career focus coursework and exams and may take Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams with the opportunity to receive college credit.
The Brookland compete in interscholastic activities within the 4A Classification via the 4A Region 3 Conference, as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Bearcats field teams in Soccer (girls/boys),football, bowling (boys/girls), golf (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), cheer, competitive cheer, baseball, softball, and track and field (boys/girls).
The Bearcats boys basketball team won its first state championship in 2014. They beat the Lonoke Jackrabbits 60-50 in the state championship at Summit Arena in Hot Springs, Arkansas on March 15, 2014, finishing the season on a 21 game win streak. In 2009–10, the Brookland boys basketball team recorded three state records with scoring 311 three-point goals in a season and 20 three-pointers in a game, along with the largest combined score in a single game of 221 in a Brookland 117, Tuckerman 104 game in 2010.
The girls bowling team is one of the state's most successful by winning three state championships between 2008 and 2010.
Clubs and traditions
Brookland students participate in competitive debate and speech competitions. Students may also engage in a variety of clubs and organizations such as: Future Farmers of America (FFA), FCCLA, Student Council, Beta Club, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), JROTC, and Quiz Bowl.
- "Search for Public Schools - Brookland High School (050364000116)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "BROOKLAND HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 2, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Institution Summary, Brookland High School". AdvancED. Retrieved November 25, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 23, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "School Profile, Cave City High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2012–13 Arkansas High School Sports Record Book" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 31, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)