Bronx Community District 3
|City||New York City|
|• Chair||Gloria Alston|
|• District Manager||John Dudley|
|• Total||1.6 sq mi (4 km2)|
|• Density||50,000/sq mi (19,000/km2)|
|• Hispanic and Latino Americans||52.9%|
10456, 10459, 10460
|Area code(s)||718, 347, 929, and 917|
|Police Precinct||42nd (website)|
Bronx Community Board 3 is a local government unit in the New York City borough, of the Bronx, encompassing the neighborhoods of Crotona Park East, Claremont, Concourse Village, Melrose, and Morrisania. It is delimited by the Sheridan Expressway to the east, the Cross Bronx Expressway and Crotona Park North to the north, Park Avenue and Webster Avenue to the west, and East 159th Street and East 161st Street to the south.
Community board staff and membership
The current chairperson of the Bronx Community board 3 is Gloria Alston. Its District Manager is John Dudley. Currently, Dudley is the longest serving District Manager in the borough of the Bronx.
- 15th NYC Council District - Ritchie Torres
- 16th NYC Council District - Vanessa Gibson
- 17th NYC Council District - Rafael Salamanca
As of the United States 2000 Census, the Community Board has a population of 68,574, up from 57,162 in the 1990 Census and 53,638 in 1980. Of them, 36,273 (52.9%) are of Hispanic origin, 30,201 (44%) are Black, non-Hispanic, 678 (1%) are White, non-Hispanic, 248 (0.4%) are Asian or Pacific Islander, 216 (0.3%) American Indian or Alaska Native, 169 (0.2%) are some other race (non-Hispanic), and 789 (1.2%) of two or more races (non-Hispanic).
- "bx03_profile.pdf" (PDF). docs.google.com. NYC Department of Planning. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "NYC Planning | Community Profiles". communityprofiles.planning.nyc.gov. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- New York City Charter § 2800(a)
- "Elected Officials - Bronx Community Board 3". www1.nyc.gov. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "District 17". Rafael Salamanca Jr. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|