Bronx Community District 10
|City||New York City|
|• Chair||Joseph Russo|
|• District Manager||Matthew Cruz|
|• Total||6.7 sq mi (17 km2)|
|• Density||17,000/sq mi (6,700/km2)|
|• American Indian or Alaska Native||0.1%|
10461, 10465, 10467, 10475
|Area code(s)||718, 347, 929, and 917|
|Police Precinct||45th (website)|
|Commanding Officer||Captain Thomas Fraser|
Bronx Community Board 10 is a local government unit of the New York City borough of the Bronx, encompassing the neighborhoods of City Island, Co-op City, Pelham Bay, Throggs Neck and Westchester Square. It is delimited by the Hutchinson River and Pelham Bay Park to the east, New England Thruway, Hutchinson River Parkway, and Westchester Creek to the west, the Bronx/Westchester County Line to the north and the East River to the south.
Community board staff and membership
The current chairperson of the Bronx Community board 10 is Joseph Russo. Its District Manager is Matthew Cruz. Cruz is the 4th District Manager in the Board's history and the first of Latino descent.
- 12th NYC Council District - Andy King
- 13th NYC Council District - Mark Gjonaj
- 18th NYC Council District - Ruben Diaz, Sr.
As of the United States 2000 Census, the Community Board has a population of 115,948, up from 108,093 in 1990 and 106,516 in 1980. Of them, 22,754 (19.6%) are Black, 56,063 (48.4%) are White, non-Hispanic, 3,462 (3%) are Asian or Pacific Islander, 164 (0.1%) American Indian or Alaska Native, 525 (0.5%) are some other race, and 2,172 (1.9%) of two or more races. 30,808 (26.6%) are of Hispanic origin.
- "bx10_profile.pdf" (PDF). docs.google.com. NYC Department of Planning. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "NYC Planning | Community Profiles". communityprofiles.planning.nyc.gov. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- New York City Charter § 2800(a)
- "Bronx Community Board 10 Elected Officials" (PDF). Retrieved 11 April 2018.
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "CAU - Find Your Community Board - Bronx Community Boards". www.nyc.gov. Archived from the original on 18 May 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2018.