|Look up bromide in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bromide can refer to:
- Bromide (language), a figure of speech meaning a tranquilizing phrase, cliché or platitude used as a verbal sedative
- Bromide, the anion of bromine, or any ionic salt containing bromide as the only anion, or (as a common name) any covalent compound containing bromine in the -1 oxidation state.
- Potassium bromide, an anticonvulsant and sedative (most pharmacologic information is here)
- Sodium bromide, an anticonvulsant and sedative
- Bromide paper, paper coated with an emulsion of silver bromide, used primarily for photographic prints
In Japanese culture
- Bromide (Japanese culture), commercial photographic portraits of celebrities including geisha, singers, actors and sports-people
- Bromide, Oklahoma, a small village in the southern central part of the state.
- Bromide Basin, a basin in Utah
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bromide.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.