Matthew "Brian King" is an American screenwriter and director known for writing Haunter, Night Train, and Cypher. He was nominated in 2014 for Best Screenplay at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards.
In an interview for King's film Haunter, director Vincenzo Natali discussed how grateful he is to King after working with him in both films. "Out of the blue I came across my friend Brian King’s script for what was then called Company Man. Ultimately it was named Cypher. And then that came together very quickly. It took maybe...I don’t know, it was another 6-8 months and we were shooting the movie. And almost an identical thing happened with Haunter because I had these sort of long-standing, very ambitious projects, High Rise and Neuromancer that I’d been trying to do after Splice. And, invariably, it takes a long time. So, in the interim, Brian came up with this new script, entirely his creation. And I really loved it. We put it together in probably about the same time period, like eight months or less and we were shooting. So Brian keeps saving my ass. That’s how it works."
|2001||The Day the World Ended||TV Movie|
|1999||This Is Harry Lehman|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Screenplay||Haunter||Nominated|
- "A Day in the Life of a Ghost". The New York Times. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Joe Leydon. "Film Review: 'Haunter'". Variety. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Corey Danna. "Film Review: Night Train (2009)". HNN - Horrornews.net - Official News Site. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Cypher (2002) Movie Review". beyondhollywood.com. Archived from the original on 15 September 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Never mind Oscar, here's the 2014 FANGORIA Chainsaw Awards Nominees Ballot!". FANGORIA®. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Vincenzo Natali 'Haunter' Interview". Film School Rejects. Retrieved 16 February 2016.