|Birth name||Brendon Ryan O'Connor|
|Date of birth||11 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Gisborne, New Zealand|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb)|
|School||Gisborne Boys' High School|
|Rugby union career|
Brendon Ryan O'Connor (born New Zealand rugby union player who plays as flanker for Hawke's Bay in New Zealand's Mitre 10 Cup. Between 2015 and 2019 he played for Leicester Tigers in England's Premiership Rugby.11 September 1989) is a
O'Connor won the 2009 IRB Junior World Championship with New Zealand Under 20. In 2012 O'Connor was a member of the Crusaders Wider Training Group and made two Super Rugby appearances that season. He was signed for the Blues for the 2013 season. O'Connor would go on to win over 40 Super Rugby caps for the Blues, winning the Blues MVP Award and Player's Player award in 2015. He has also played for the Hawkes Bay Magpies in the ITM Cup. He had previously played for Canterbury in 2010 and 2011.
O'Connor joined English club Leicester Tigers for the 2015-2016 Aviva Premiership season. O'Connor made his debut for Leicester Tigers on 13 November 2015 in the opening match of the European Champions Cup at Welford Road. O'Connor impressed on his debut, winning crucial turnovers, and scoring a try. On 15 May 2019 he was announced as one of the players to leave Leicester following the end of the 2018-19 Premiership Rugby season.
On 7 June 2019 O'Connor re-signed for Hawke's Bay, in New Zealand.
O'Connor is qualified to represent England at international level through his grandmother.
- "Brendan O'Connor JWC 2009 Player Profile". IRB. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Blues sign two young recruits". Rugby Heaven. Fairfax. 12 September 2012. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Brendan O'Connor Blues Player Profile". Blues. Archived from the original on 9 February 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Brendon O'Connor and Mike Fitzgerald among huge number leaving Leicester Tigers at the end of the season". Leicester Mercury. 15 May 2019. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Brendon O'Connor will return to Magpies' nest in Hawke's Bay this season". Hawkes Bay Today. 7 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rugby union, about a person born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|