Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||37.8 sq mi (98.0 km2)|
|• Land||37.7 sq��mi (97.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.30%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,919/sq mi (1,127.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60406, 60426, 60428, 60429, 60430, 60445, 60452, 60462, 60463, 60469, 60472, 60477, 60478
Bremen Township is one of 29 townships in Cook County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 110,118. It was organized in 1850 and is located southwest of Chicago in southern Cook County. An administrative office for Bremen Township is located at 16361 South Kedzie Parkway, Markham, Illinois.
This south suburban Cook County township includes the communities of:
As well as parts of:
- Blue Island
- Orland Park
- Tinley Park (which also has a large portion in Orland Township with smaller sections in Rich Township and Frankfort Township, Will County)
- Crestwood (the remaining portion lies in Worth Township)
- Hazel Crest (the remaining portion lies in both Thornton Township and Rich Township)
- Markham (the remaining portion lies in Thornton Township)
- Country Club Hills (the remaining portion lies in Rich Township)
- Harvey (the extreme western edge of Harvey, the remaining 99% lies in Thornton Township)
According to the United States Census Bureau, Bremen Township covers an area of 37.8 square miles (98.0 km2); of this, 37.7 square miles (97.7 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 0.30 percent, is water.
- Worth Township (north)
- Calumet Township (northeast)
- Thornton Township (east)
- Bloom Township (southeast)
- Rich Township (south)
- Frankfort Township, Will County (southwest)
- Orland Township (west)
- Palos Township (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Bachelor Grove, County, Lewis Memorial Park, Saint Gabriel Catholic, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran and Zion Lutheran.
- Dolphin Lake
- Twin Lakes (Oak Forest)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
At the time of the 2010 census, with a population of 110,575 residents, Bremen Township was:
- White: 57.9%
- Black: 32.0%
- American Indian and Alaska Native: 0.2%
- Asian: 1.9%
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.03%
- Some other race: 5.8%
- Two or more races: 2.1%
- Hispanic or Latino (any race): 13.4%
The public high school district for most of Bremen Township is Bremen Community High School District 228 which includes Oak Forest High School, Bremen High School, Tinley Park High School, and Hillcrest High School.
- "Bremen Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Bremen township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Bloom township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.