March 5, 1990|
Nobleton, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
52nd overall, 2008|
New Jersey Devils
|Representing Canada East|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Brandon Burlon (born March 5, 1990) is a Canadian ice hockey defenceman who plays for Västerviks IK. He most recently played under contract with the Stavanger Oilers of the GET-ligaen (GET). He was drafted by the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL) in the 2nd round (56th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Burlon played junior hockey with St. Michael's Buzzers in the Ontario Junior Hockey League. In 2008, he moved to the United States to play college hockey with the University of Michigan Wolverines of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). In his first season with the Wolverines, he was honored by being selected to the 2008–09 CCHA All-Rookie Team. On June 2, 2011, Burlon signed an entry-level contract with the New Jersey Devils.
After five seasons with the Albany Devils of the AHL while within the Devils organization, Burlon left as a free agent following the 2015–16 season. On August 3, 2016, Burlon opted to continue his AHL career, signing a one-year deal with new AHL affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, the Tucson Roadrunners. In signing, Burlon became the club's first addition to their inaugural season in 2016–17. In his season with the Roadrunners, Burlon was limited to just 33 games due to injury, recording 3 goals and 11 points.
As a free agent, Burlon embarked on a European career, agreeing to a one-year deal with German club, Düsseldorfer EG of the DEL on May 2, 2017. At the conclusion of his contract with DEG, Burlon continued his European career agreeing to a one-year deal with Norwegian club, Stavanger Oilers of the GET on July 26, 2018.
|2006–07||St. Michael's Buzzers||OPJHL||45||4||19||23||46||4||0||1||1||4|
|2007–08||St. Michael's Buzzers||OPJHL||32||7||17||24||41||10||2||4||6||8|
|2008–09||University of Michigan||CCHA||33||5||10||15||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||University of Michigan||CCHA||45||3||11||14||24||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||University of Michigan||CCHA||38||5||13||18||28||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|All-CCHA Rookie Team||2009|||
- "Brandon Burlon player profile". The Hockey News. February 3, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Michigan Wolverins Burlon player profile". Central Collegiate Hockey Association. February 3, 2012. Archived from the original on December 21, 2010. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Trevor, Matt (June 2, 2011). "Burlon Foregoes Senior Year to Sign with New Jersey Devils". CBS Sports. Newark, New Jersey. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Roadrunners sign veteran defenseman Brandon Burlon". Tucson Roadrunners. August 3, 2016. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Roadrunners start roster build with Burlon". Tucson Roadrunners. August 4, 2016. Retrieved August 4, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "DEG complete defense" (in German). Düsseldorfer EG. May 2, 2017. Archived from the original on May 12, 2017. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "Canadian Burlon signed with Oilers" (in Norwegian). Stavanger Oilers. July 26, 2018. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Triumph Books. p. 283. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.