This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||August 21, 1969|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Genre||Spy novel, thriller, faction|
|Notable works||Scot Harvath Series|
Bradley George Thor Jr. (born August 21, 1969) is an American thriller novelist. He is the author of The Lions of Lucerne, The First Commandment, The Last Patriot, and other novels. His latest novel in the Harvath series, Near Dark, was released in July 2020. Thor's novels have been published in countries around the world. He also contributed a short story entitled "The Athens Solution" to the James Patterson-edited anthology, Thriller. Thor also makes frequent appearances on Fox News and The Blaze.
The Last Patriot was nominated for "Best Thriller of the Year" by the International Thriller Writers Association.[non-primary source needed] His novel Blowback was voted by National Public Radio listeners as one of the "100 Best Ever" Killer Thrillers.
Thor is a graduate of the Sacred Heart Schools, the Francis W. Parker School (Chicago), and the University of Southern California (cum laude), where he studied creative writing under author T.C. Boyle.[non-primary source needed]
Thor is a regular contributor to the Glenn Beck television program and has appeared on other Fox News Channel shows, as well as on CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and PBS to discuss terrorism and parallels between his novels and real threats facing the world today.
In May 2016, he made speculative comments on the Glenn Beck radio show about Donald Trump that appeared to offer conditional support for violence against him if Trump were elected and did something that he felt endangered the country. Thor denied the comments were a call for assassination.
2020 presidential campaign
Thor announced his candidacy for President of the United States in the 2020 election but on July 5, 2020, Thor decided against running and left the Republican Party, becoming an independent, citing frustration with the Republican-controlled Congress and President Donald Trump.
Scot Harvath Series
- The Lions of Lucerne (2002, ISBN 0-7434-3673-3)
- Path of the Assassin (2003, ISBN 0-7434-3675-X)
- State of the Union (2004, ISBN 0-7434-3677-6)
- Blowback (2005, ISBN 0-7432-7115-7)
- Takedown (2006, ISBN 0-7432-7118-1)
- The First Commandment (2007, ISBN 1-4165-4379-1)
- The Last Patriot (2008, ISBN 1-4165-4383-X)
- The Apostle (2009, ISBN 1-4165-8657-1)
- Foreign Influence (2010, ISBN 1-4165-8659-8)
- Full Black (2011, ISBN 1-4165-8661-X)
- Black List (2012, ISBN 1-4391-9298-7)
- Hidden Order (2013, ISBN 1-4767-1709-5)
- Act of War (2014, ISBN 1-4767-1712-5)
- Code of Conduct (2015, ISBN 9781476717159)
- Foreign Agent (2016, ISBN 1-4767-8935-5)
- Use of Force (2017, ISBN 9781476789385)
- Spymaster (2018, ISBN 1-4767-8941-X)
- Backlash (2019, ISBN 9781982104030)
- Near Dark (2020, ISBN 9781982104061)
- Black Ice (2021, ISBN 9781982104122}
The Athena Project Series
- Garner, Dwight (2008-07-20). "TBR - Inside the List". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Thriller Awards. "Thriller Awards - ThrillerFest". Thrillerwriters.org. Archived from the original on 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Matazzoni, Joe (2010-08-04). "Audience Picks: Top 100 'Killer Thrillers'". NPR. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'Killer Thrillers': Vote For The 100 Best Ever". NPR. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Thor, Brad. "Brad Thor". MetroSeeker.com. Archived from the original on 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Thrill of Writing in the Trenches - News - USC Dornsife". College.usc.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-02-26. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Beach, William W. "33 Minutes: Protecting America in the New Missile Age". The Heritage Foundation. Archived from the original on 2010-03-02. Retrieved 2012-10-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck for comments that could be 'construed' as 'advocating harm' against Trump". The Washington Post. June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Perry, Douglas (August 9, 2018). "Outcast Republicans still pining for 2020 challenger as Donald Trump's GOP popularity soars". The Oregonian. Retrieved August 9, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)