Brabantia logo as of February 2014
|Tijn van Elderen, CEO|
Number of employees
The company was founded in 1919 in Aalst, North Brabant, Netherlands, under the name van Elderen & Co, a company specialising in sheet metal fabrication. The name Brabantia is derived from the province of North Brabant, and was an early Van Elderen trade name.
CEO since 31 January 2012 is Tijn van Elderen.
Brabantia offers a range of some 500 houseware products in five core categories: waste storage, food storage, food preparation, laundry care and hardware, which includes post boxes and bathroom accessories. Since 1919, the company has grown and now has four production units employing 1,000 employees across 85 countries. It has annual turnover of around £80 million.
Still using steel as its prime manufacturing material, as well as a variety of high grade plastics, products continue to be made in-house in Belgium, Latvia and China, as well as an assembly and finishing plant in Nailsea in the UK.
The company has wholly owned subsidiaries in all key European markets including the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and the United States with an export department covering other world markets.
- Svend Hollensen (2007). Global Marketing: A Decision-oriented Approach. Financial Times Prentice Hall. pp. 697–. ISBN 978-0-273-70678-6.
- "Tijn van Elderen lost Chris van Elderen af als CEO Brabantia". Germonde Gebranche. Archived from the original on 27 February 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Jacqueline Moore; Steven Sonsino (23 May 2003). Leadership Unplugged. Palgrave Macmillan. pp. 144–. ISBN 978-0-230-59643-6.
- "Brabantia: Company Offices". Archived from the original on 6 June 2007. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- "Brabantia moves to reposition its brand with Designed for Living launch". SouthWest Business. Retrieved 25 September 2018.