This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bourbon County High School|
3341 Lexington Road
|School district||Bourbon County Schools|
|Principal||Kerrie M. Katz|
|Teaching staff||50.32 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.03|
|Color(s)||Maroon, gold and white|
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The original Bourbon County High School was located in Millersburg. Operating from approximately 1911-1948, the school's graduates represented only a fraction of the population of Bourbon County due to its location in the northeastern portion of the county. Little Rock, Center Hill, Clintonville, and North Middletown also maintained high schools within the Bourbon County School System.
In an effort to create a more centralized environment, the upper grades of Millersburg, Little Rock, Clintonville, and Center Hill schools were merged to create the Bourbon County Vocational High School, which opened in the fall of 1948 on the site of the present middle school facility. North Middletown, however, retained its high school for several more years. The central high school was renamed Bourbon County High School in 1956, and completed consolidation with North Middletown High School in 1964 to become the sole high school in the county school district.
Several classrooms, a new library, and a cafeteria were added and by 1968 a junior high school was also built on the campus. In 1981 the high school and junior high switched buildings to locate BCHS at its present site.
The demographic breakdown of the 857 students enrolled in 2014-2015 was:
- Male - 52.0%
- Female - 48.0%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.1%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 0.2%
- Black - 5.0%
- Hispanic - 6.2%
- White - 87.1%
- Multiracial - 1.4%
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (boys and girls)
- Bowling (boys and girls)
- Cheerleading (girls)
- Cross country (boys and girls)
- Fast pitch softball (girls)
- Football (boys)
- Golf (boys and girls)
- Soccer (boys and girls)
- Swimming (boys and girls)
- Tennis (boys and girls)
- Track (boys and girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
The bands include:
- Jazz Band
- Concert Band
- Marching Band
- Percussion Ensemble
- Kentucky Music Educators Association (KMEA) Class 3A State Marching Band Champion - 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Bands of America (BOA) Class A National Champion - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2018
Choral music is also offered.
- "Bourbon County High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Archived from the original on February 15, 2019. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Bourbon County High School". nces.ed.gov. Archived from the original on 24 January 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Kentucky High School Athletic Association". khsaa.org. Archived from the original on 24 January 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2018.