Boris Yakovlevich Zeldovich
|Born||23 April 1944|
|Died||16 December 2018 (aged 74)|
|Citizenship||Russia, United States|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
|Awards||USSR State Award (1983)|
Max Born Award (1997)
|Institutions||P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute|
Institute of Electrophysics of the Ural Branch of RAS
University of Central Florida College of Optics and Photonics
Boris Yakovlevich Zeldovich (Russian: Бори́с Я́ковлевич Зельдо́вич; 23 April 1944 – 16 December 2018) was a Russian-American physicist and a son of the famous Soviet physicist Yakov Borisovich Zeldovich. He was doctor of the Physical and Mathematical sciences (from 1981) and a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Since 1994 Zeldovich worked as a professor at the College of Optics and Photonics at the University of Central Florida. During his lifetime he received a number of prestigious awards, including the USSR State Prize in 1983 and the Max Born Award in Physical Optics from the Optical Society (OSA) in 1997.
- "Zeldovich, Boris Yakovlevich". Russian Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- "Dr. Boris Y. Zeldovich". CREOL, The College of Optics & Photonics. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- V. S. Boge; V. A. Chernozemtsev, eds. (2001). "Zeldovich Boris Yakovlevich". Chelyabinsk. Entsiklopediya (in Russian). Chelyabinsk: Kamennyi Poyas. ISBN 5-88771-026-8. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- "Professor Boris Zeldovich passes away at age 74". CREOL, The College of Optics & Photonics. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- "In Memoriam: Boris Zeldovich, 1944–2018". OSA: The Optical Society. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "In Memoriam: Boris Zel'dovich". SPIE: The International Society for Optics and Photonics. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- Baranova, Nadia; Glebov, Leon; Kaplan, Alexander; Tabiryan, Nelson (1 March 2019). "Remembering Boris Zeldovich: 1944–2018". Optics & Photonics News (OPN). The Optical Society. Retrieved 26 June 2019.