|Bolingbrook High School|
365 Raider Way
|School district||Valley View District 365U|
|Principal||Jason Pascavage |
|Teaching staff||241.66 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.99|
|Color(s)||Red, black, white|
|Athletics conference||Southwest Suburban Conference|
Bolingbrook High School or BHS is a public four-year high school located in Bolingbrook, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. Bolingbrook High School is the second high school in the Valley View Community Unit School District 365U.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The original Bolingbrook High School campus, which opened in 1974, was located on Lee Lane and Blair Lane within the village. The former campus is now known as Brooks Middle School. Continued community growth prompted the passage of an April 2002 referendum for a new high school located at Schmidt Road and Lily Cache Lane, which opened in August 2004.
The demographic breakdown of the 3,548 students enrolled for the 2015-2016 school year was:
- Male - 52.1%
- Female - 47.9%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.3%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 8.3%
- Black - 28.6%
- Hispanic - 38.6%
- White - 20.6%
- Multiracial - 3.6%
The Bolingbrook Raiders are members of the Southwest Suburban Conference. The school colors are red, black and white. The following Illinois High School Association (IHSA) sanctioned sports are offered:
- Badminton (girls)
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls and boys)
- Girls state champion - 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Bowling (girls and boys)
- Competitive cheerleading - (girls)
- Competitive dance (girls)
- Cross country (girls and boys)
- Football (boys)
- State champions - 2011
- Golf (girls and boys)
- Gymnastics (girls)
- Soccer (girls and boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swimming and diving (girls and boys)
- Tennis (girls and boys)
- Track and field (girls and boys)
- Volleyball (girls and boys)
- Wrestling (boys)
The following IHSA sanctioned activities are offered:
- Chess team
- Marching band
- Scholastic Bowl team
- Vocal music
- Kenneth Boatright, former NFL defensive end
- Troy Doris - current Olympic triple jumper; competed at 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio
- Robert Farmer - former NFL running back
- J.J. Furmaniak - former MLB infielder
- Anthony Herron - former NFL defensive end
- Ariel Massengale - assistant coach for Ole Miss women's basketball; former WNBA guard
- Susana Mendoza - Illinois Comptroller
- Ben Moore - current small forward for NBA G League's Austin Spurs
- Antonio Morrison - free agent NFL linebacker
- Morgan Tuck - current power forward for WNBA's Connecticut Sun
- Greg Williams - current defensive backs coach for NFL's Arizona Cardinals
- Steve Williams - former NFL defensive end
- Cameron Robinson (footwear designer)
- "Administrative Team / Principal's Page". www.vvsd.org. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Bolingbrook High School". nces.ed.gov. Retrieved February 8, 2019.
- "Bolingbrook High School in Bolingbrook, IL - US NEWS Best High Schools". usnews.com. U.S. News & World Report L.P. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "IHSA Bolingbrook". www.ihsa.org. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "IHSA". www.ihsa.org. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Kenneth Boatright". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Robert Farmer". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Anthony Herron". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Girls' Basketball A Star Program (School of the Week)". yourseason.suntimes.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Antonio Morrison". Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Steve Williams". Retrieved January 30, 2019.