|Bobby Duncum Sr.|
|Birth name||Bobby Edward Duncum|
|Born||August 14, 1944|
|Children||Bobby Duncum Jr.|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Bobby Duncum|
Big Bad Boddy
|Billed height||6 ft 7 in (201 cm)|
|Billed weight||285 lb (129 kg)|
|Billed from||Austin, Texas|
Bobby Edward Duncum Sr. (born August 14, 1944) is an American former professional wrestler from the late 1960s to late 1980s, performing for the World Wide Wrestling Federation, National Wrestling Alliance and American Wrestling Association. He is the father of the late wrestler Bobby Duncum Jr.. His son died of an accidental overdose in January 2000.
American football career
Duncum was a three-year letterman with the West Texas A&M Buffaloes football team from 1964 to 1966. He was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals in the thirteenth round (331st overall) of the 1967 NFL/AFL Draft. He appeared in only four games with the Cardinals in 1968.
Professional wrestling career
His wrestling persona was that of a heel cowboy and he wrestled some of the top babyface stars of the era such as Bob Backlund and Bruno Sammartino. In the AWA, along with Nick Bockwinkel, Ray Stevens and Blackjack Lanza, he was a member of famous wrestling stable, managed by Bobby Heenan, known as The Heenan Family. His famous catch phrase during interviews (and written phonetically) was "You unnastan?" ("you understand?"). His final match was on November 16, 1986 in Clarksburg, West Virginia, where he tag teamed with Lord Zoltan to defeat Troy Orndorff and Kurt Kaufman.
Championships and accomplishments
- American Wrestling Association
- Championship Wrestling from Florida
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Florida version) (2 times)
- NWA Florida Global Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Angelo Mosca
- NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Dick Murdoch (1), Don Jardine (1) and Killer Karl Kox
- NWA Florida Television Championship (1 time)
- NWA Southern Heavyweight Championship (Florida version) (1 time)
- NWA United States Tag Team Championship (Florida version) (1 time) - with Killer Karl Kox
- Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
- Mid-South Sports / Georgia Championship Wrestling
- NWA Big Time Wrestling
- Western States Sports
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship (Amarillo version) (1 time)
- NWA Western States Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Woody Farmer (1) and Dick Murdoch (1)
- "Wrestler Profiles: Bobby Duncum Sr". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved May 5, 2008.
- Shields, Brian; Sullivan, Kevin (2009). "Captain Lou Albano". WWE Encyclopedia. DK. p. 35. ISBN 978-0-7566-4190-0.
- "West Texas A&M University: Alumni Association". Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- "1967 NFL/AFL Common Draft Pick Transactions". www.prosportstransactions.com. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Shields, Brian; Sullivan, Kevin (2009). WWE Encyclopedia. DK. p. 36. ISBN 978-0-7566-4190-0.