This article or section contains close paraphrasing of one or more non-free copyrighted sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Born in Youngstown Ohio into a family of eight children, Boniface began drawing cars at the age of four. "I was one of those kids who knew every car on the road," Boniface once told The Plain Dealer. "I would sketch the pictures I saw in the owner’s manuals [of his father’s cars], pictures of the gas tank, pictures of the instrument panel and the steering wheel and the controls. Anything to do with cars, I couldn’t get enough of it."
Boniface graduated from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, with a degree in psychology and economics. After working for an investment company in Boston, Boniface enrolled in The College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan, where he graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
During his twelve years at Chrysler, Boniface was lead designer for the 1996 hybrid-electric Dodge Intrepid ESX concept vehicle, 1998 Dodge Intrepid, and 2002 Jeep Liberty. Later he became chief designer of the architectural design of the minivan Sto-N-Go seating as well as Chrysler's rear-wheel-drive 300 sedan. In 1998, he received the Young Leadership and Excellence award from the Automotive Hall of Fame.
In 2004 Boniface joined General Motors as director of advanced design, where he led the design development of the 2005 GM Sequel hydrogen fuel cell concept and 2007 Chevrolet Volt concept. Boniface also contributed to the early development of the 2006 Camaro concept.
Boniface later became Cadillac's director of exterior design, where he oversaw the design of the 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe, 2016 Cadillac ATS V, 2016 Cadillac CTS V, 2016 Cadillac CT6, and 2016 Cadillac XT5.
- "Meet members of the Chevy Volt design team". cleveland.com. October 17, 2008. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "Bob Boniface". Archived from the original on 2015-10-26. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "GM rolls out Chevrolet Camaro concept". CNN. January 9, 2006. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Matt Vella (October 29, 2008). "Can the Chevy Volt Save GM?". Businessweek.com. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- "Bob Boniface". IMDb.
- Mike Colias. "Cadillac's edgy exterior styling evolves". Automotive News.
- "Detroit Free Press - Home". Detroit Free Press.