|Location||Patchogue, New York|
|Annual production volume||54,000 US beer barrels (63,000 hL)|
|Owned by||Anheuser-Busch InBev|
Blue Point Brewing Company is a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev located on Long Island, in Patchogue, New York. The brewery offers a variety of year-round beers, and several seasonal brews, as well as a 'tasting room' which is open to the public on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The brewery hosts an annual Cask Ale Festival, concerts and other events in the brew yard.
The brewery was founded in 1998 by Mark Burford and Pete Cotter, both avid home-brewers at the time. In regards to the decision to open up a brewery, Pete said: "Other parts of the country had local microbreweries and we saw an opportunity for a microbrewery to meet the demand in the market between Montauk and Manhattan."
Blue Point Brewing Company's flagship Toasted Lager won a gold medal at the 2006 World Beer Cup in the American-Style Amber Lager category.
On February 5, 2014, it was announced that Blue Point was being sold to Anheuser-Busch InBev for nearly $24 million. At the time of acquisition the brewery was distributed in 19 states as well as Washington D.C. The brewery continues to operate in Patchogue, NY , but has moved from the small facility and single tasting room on River Avenue to a 54,000 sq.ft. building at 225 West Main Street, previously used by Briarcliff College.
- Furnari, Chris. "Anheuser-Busch InBev to Acquire Blue Point Brewing". Brewbound.
- Asimov, Eric (January 28, 2001). "The Beer That Made Patchogue Famous". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- Ain, Stewart (July 10, 2005). "L.I. @ WORK; Outlasting the Brewery Competition". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- "Blue Point Brewery's Cask Ale Festival in Patchogue, New York, warms up winter". Long Island Business News (Ronkonkoma, NY). January 8, 2009. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- "LARGE CRAFT BREWERY: Blue Point Brewing Co". Long Island Beer Guide. Archived from the original on 8 December 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "Past Winners Lists - World Beer Cup". World Beer Cup. Retrieved 2015-12-24.
- Official Website
- Official Facebook Page
- Twitter Page
- Company Blog
- The Foaming Head's Blue Point Page
- Tour of the brewery with photos
- The Beer Hall Guide to Long Island's Blue Point