Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||46.7 sq mi (121.0 km2)|
|• Land||46.4 sq mi (120.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.59%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,958/sq mi (755.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60411, 60422, 60425, 60430, 60438, 60461, 60466, 60475, 60476
According to the United States Census Bureau, Bloom Township covers an area of 46.7 square miles (121.0 km2); of this, 46.4 square miles (120.3 km2) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.7 km2), or 0.59 percent, is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Chicago Heights
- Ford Heights
- Glenwood (vast majority)
- Olympia Fields
- Park Forest
- Sauk Village (vast majority)
- South Chicago Heights
- Thornton Township (north)
- North Township, Lake County, Indiana (northeast)
- St. John Township, Lake County, Indiana (east)
- Crete Township, Will County (south)
- Monee Township, Will County (southwest)
- Rich Township (west)
- Bremen Township (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Assumption, Bloom Presbyterian, Calvary, Mount Glenwood Memory Gardens, Saint James Catholic and Saint Pauls Evangelical Lutheran.
Airports and landing strips
- Lansing Municipal Airport
- Mulderink Heliport
- Raeco Heliport
- Saint James Hospital and Health Centers Heliport
- Sauk Lake
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois' 2nd congressional district
- State House District 29
- State House District 30
- State House District 80
- State Senate District 15
- State Senate District 40
- "Bloom Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Bloom township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.