Type of site
|Online men's publication|
|Owner||The Wonderful Web Agency|
|Created by||James York|
|Alexa rank||1,093,804 (April 2014[update])|
Blokely is a men's lifestyle pure play website based in the UK. An independent platform, it evolved from a blogging site, which focused mainly on grooming and style stories, to a web portal site with a constant run of in-depth features on entertainment, music, grooming, lifestyle and sport. The website's target audience is men aged between 20 and 40.
Blokely.com was founded in 2010 by James York, a former graduate of Southampton University and an insurance broker with Lloyd's of London. York registered the domain name Blokely.com in 2008 and initially set it up as a grooming blog.
York subsequently made the blog into a fully fledged web portal in early 2011.
Blokely's celebrity columnists include: Bath and England rugby union player Olly Barkley; TV & Radio Presenter Nat Coombs; television and radio presenter, Dave Berry; stand-up comedian, Josh Howie; and USA born actress and model, Kelly-Anne Lyons. Yorkshire and England cricketer, Ryan Sidebottom contributed to the magazine during the 2010–11 Ashes series.
Aimed at men between 20 and 40, Blokely's main categories and topics include; Grooming; Entertainment; Life; Style; Current Affairs; and Sports. Additional sections, which appear occasionally, include Motoring and Music. The magazine also features a Competitions section.
In June 2011 it was announced that Blokely had expanded by making some key editorial changes. It hired ex-FHM deputy style editor Matthew Hambly as the new deputy editor. In addition to this, former GMTV presenter Andrew Castle was recruited to carry out celebrity interviews for the website in a new slot coined "Andrew Castle meets..."
- "Blokely.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Richardson, Anna (17 February 2011). "Reviews: Site-insections: Blokely". New Media Age. Centaur Media Ltd. Archived from the original on 2012-03-10. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "The New Incarnation of Blokely.com". blokely.com magazine. blokely.com. January 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Technology: The Week in Technology". PR Week website. PR Week. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Dave Berry joins Blokely". Red Pages website. The Profile Group. 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- Boyd, Phoebe-Jane (14 April 2011). "Focus on Blokely with editor James York". FeaturesExec Media Bulletin website. Daryl Willcox Publishing. Archived from the original on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Men's Lifestyle". blokely.com magazine. blokely.com. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- "Press Gazette". Archived from the original on 2011-06-21.